Is the 7D a candidate for RAW recording?/Background questions.

Started by Hokie123, May 17, 2013, 11:15:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hokie123

Recently, I was thinking of selling of my 7D for some money towards  the Black Magic Pocket Camera. However after finding out that you guys somehow used your wizardry to make the 5D MKIII record in 14 bit RAW, I have no clue what I'm going to do. So my question is, is there a possibility that the 7D gets the ability to record in RAW considering that it can take the same 1000x CF cards that the 5D uses to capture the RAW stream? If so, then I'm definitely keeping my 7D.

Unrelated question:
I am a college freshman majoring in Computer Science. I was just wondering how did you guys learn how to do all of this stuff. Does it require heavy knowledge in the software or the hardware. (I'm assuming it would require decent knowledge in Assembly.)

But yeah, you guys are blowing my mind with this stuff. Keep up the good work. Maybe one day, I'll be proficient enough to finick around with the source code.

g3gg0

already said in 7D thread: doesnt look good. if ever, it will be the last one due to massive technical problems with dual digic.
Help us with datasheets - Help us with register dumps
magic lantern: 1Magic9991E1eWbGvrsx186GovYCXFbppY, server expenses: [email protected]
ONLY donate for things we have done, not for things you expect!

premini

Quote from: g3gg0 on May 17, 2013, 12:13:42 PM
already said in 7D thread: doesnt look good. if ever, it will be the last one due to massive technical problems with dual digic.
I worked as a C programmer for 8 years. Is it a big learning curve to get familiar and deal with the dual digic?

nanomad

EOS 1100D | EOS 650 (No, I didn't forget the D) | Ye Olde Canon EF Lenses ('87): 50 f/1.8 - 28 f/2.8 - 70-210 f/4 | EF-S 18-55 f/3.5-5.6 | Metz 36 AF-5