How to record: -- 30/24/25 fps RAW VIDEO ON 5D3 & others --

Started by RenatoPhoto, May 16, 2013, 03:32:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

adrefs

Hello, I have followed all of the detailed instructions (Thank you VERY much by the way!) and yet when I start recording there is terrible latency in the live view.  I'm talking nearly a second!  Even when I adjust focus I have to wait a moment for the adjustment to show up.  I'm shooting on a 5D3 with Canon 1.2.3 build. What have I done wrong?

Walter Schulz

Please check your fps settings. Turn off fps override and retry

budafilms

@RenatoPhoto

Dear Renato, maybe it's time to update the first post for the new 10/12 bits. I don't know if it's preferible set in canon Menu 30 fps, to get 25. I'm not up to date. You can delete this post or just tell me by PM and I will do it.

RenatoPhoto

I will do an update when this "experimental" build gets incorporated to nightly builds.  For now best to limit the 10/12 bit discussions to this thread:
http://www.magiclantern.fm/forum/index.php?topic=5601.msg178542;topicseen#msg178542
http://www.pululahuahostal.com  |  EF 300 f/4, EF 100-400 L, EF 180 L, EF-S 10-22, Samyang 14mm, Sigma 28mm EX DG, Sigma 8mm 1:3.5 EX DG, EF 50mm 1:1.8 II, EF 1.4X II, Kenko C-AF 2X

Kokoe

With respect, RenatoPhoto, your instructions do not match what is on the 5D3 menu lists. For example, there is no file called: raw_rec module (in the crop build for 1.1.3 for example). Other instructions are either not complete or lacking extra info saying which file they pertain to. Possibly because these are 'general' instructions and every build is different? How can anyone know? There is no footnote.

On any walk-through, missing out one setting (or a number) is crucial for some. It can affect the operation of the final outcome and (in my case) cause issues (where I nearly bricked a camera due to lack of instructional detail but with care, guided back to normal)!

I tried everything. Firmware 1.2.3. Firmware 1.1.3 (and I ain't stupid - I can write in C) but sadly, still no 4k for me. Max setting 1920 that is stable. Even the excellent  Topic: crop_rec on steroids: 3K, 4K, 1080p48, full-resolution LiveView post video  that told me exactly what to did not work. Why? If the instructions were complete then why didn't it work?

I suggest it is because the build used on the Vimeo film is the ONLY one it works on.

Sadly, now there is no way in the world to find the build on the crop_rec_4k.2017Apr29.5D3113 file built on 29. 04. 2017 - seems to be like the holy grail in that it seems to be only one that works the miracles - but nobody can find it! Google can't. I can't. Who is left?

But I do not feel like giving up. Desperate, yes. Frustrated, yes. So please don't delete me and someone, somewhere, for the love of ML, please show me where I can find a detailed (as in something that really, really does work) and gets me recording smoothly.

And if someone can, I will throw £ at the bearer of the best solution that works and put the results on Youtube to help everyone else that really, really wants this to work.
5D3 User. Lexar Card 2000x 300 MB/s. Komputabay  1000x 32GB. Fr: 1.2.3.

Walter Schulz

Quote from: Kokoe on January 06, 2018, 05:18:37 PM
Sadly, now there is no way in the world to find the build on the crop_rec_4k.2017Apr29.5D3113 file built on 29. 04. 2017 - seems to be like the holy grail in that it seems to be only one that works the miracles - but nobody can find it! Google can't. I can't. Who is left?

Not who, what: Deduction -> https://builds.magiclantern.fm/jenkins/view/Experiments/job/crop_rec_4k/22/

And please stop crossposting. I usually don't answer to crosspostings.

Ceterum censeo experimental build page esse delendam

Kokoe

My apologies Walter. And thank you for the link, everything is working now and I am gaining as much experience as I can while using it.
5D3 User. Lexar Card 2000x 300 MB/s. Komputabay  1000x 32GB. Fr: 1.2.3.