Brangelinas favorite place in Kenya

Started by Africashot, May 15, 2013, 09:14:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Africashot

Hi Everyone,
Here is another beach villa video I'd really like to get some honest opinions about, thanks to Magic Lantern I was able to push the dynamic range beyond what my good old Canon 5D Mrk2 is usually able to deliver, not by using the brand new RAW function as it isn't quite ready yet but with the HDR video function. Since RAW is around the corner this will probably be obsolete soon,nevertheless this was the only way I could achieve good exposures of the beach from the interiors. If anyone cares I used SNS-HDR pro for both the HDR timelapse and the HDR video workflow. I had been using the ML workflow, Ginger HDR and photomatix in the past but SNS-HDR turned out not only to deliver the best results right out of the box but also seems to be the one offering the most effective control, the only drawback is that it is extremely slow, probably around 3 - 4 hours to batch process 10 seconds of footage...
Anyway I was hoping you could share your opinions and experience in similar situations and maybe give some insights on your techniques.
As a little side note, this is the villa where Angelina Jolie and Brad Pitt where staying at shortly after filming Mr & Mrs Smith, apparently in a 'friendly relationship' as Pitt was still married to Janifer Aniston. It certainly had to be 'friendly' with certain benefits as they were sharing the bedroom you can see at 2:07...
ML 5D2 & T3i