RAW Video Module raw_rec [Compiling/Installation]

Started by g3gg0, May 14, 2013, 11:44:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

g3gg0

Please ask questions about how to compile or install the raw_rec module here.

Keywords: raw_rec, 14-bit raw, dng, video, module, installation

All questions regarding RAW VIDEO POST PROCESSING on any OS
HERE: http://www.magiclantern.fm/forum/index.php?topic=5404.0

All questions regarding RAW_REC MODULE COMPILATION/INSTALLATION/USAGE
HERE
Help us with datasheets - Help us with register dumps
magic lantern: 1Magic9991E1eWbGvrsx186GovYCXFbppY, server expenses: [email protected]
ONLY donate for things we have done, not for things you expect!

scrax

What camera are supported in the source so far?
for what I understood only 5DmkIII or also 5DmkII?
other model like 6D are supported in 1% fork, right?

what about 600D, 60D, 7D and others?
I'm using ML2.3 for photography with:
EOS 600DML | EOS 400Dplus | EOS 5D MLbeta5- EF 100mm f/2.8 USM Macro  - EF-S 17-85mm f4-5.6 IS USM - EF 70-200mm f/4 L USM - 580EXII - OsX, PS, LR, RawTherapee, LightZone -no video experience-

ted ramasola

I use the MKII and If I need the raw video capability via raw_rec module there is no need to use the May 14 build right?
Since it doesnt have the M tab in the menu when i installed it.
5DmkII  / 7D
www.ramasolaproductions.com
Texas

mucher

For me, it is seemingly the write process uses DMA bypassing the CPU, so any EOS should be able to do that RAW "Video" shooting regardless of the CPU speed, so long as  the CF/SD card supports the writing speed. So I wish one day that I can see this raw video feature appear on 7D. Cannot use picture style is a disappointment but the stunning details and high DR making the pictures looking very real, so it is worth it to go that extra mile I guess.

g3gg0

Quote from: mucher on May 14, 2013, 12:17:42 PM
For me, it is seemingly the write process uses DMA bypassing the CPU, so any EOS should be able to do that RAW "Video" shooting regardless of the CPU speed, so long as  the CF/SD card supports the writing speed. So I wish one day that I can see this raw video feature appear on 7D. Cannot use picture style is a disappointment but the stunning details and high DR making the pictures looking very real, so it is worth it to go that extra mile I guess.

7D: working on it, but it seems the interesting part is being handled on master digic that is harder to access (only via FIR)
picture style: *not* needed, apply your corrections on computer - you get the RAW sensor data. (this is post processing)
if you want to discuss about post processing:
> All questions regarding RAW VIDEO POST PROCESSING on any OS
> HERE: http://www.magiclantern.fm/forum/index.php?topic=5404.0
magic lantern: 1Magic9991E1eWbGvrsx186GovYCXFbppY, server expenses: [email protected]

arrinkiiii

Quote from: g3gg0 on May 14, 2013, 12:33:25 PM
7D: working on it, but it seems the interesting part is being handled on master digic that is harder to access (only via FIR)

Serious? 7D is in the way? Unbeliveble =DD !!!

Every time that the 7D goes to the "knife" it's always more dificut because of the 2 processors =(( hope that you figure out the raw for the 7D ...and of course the "no need" to upload everytime the ML soft. 7D users for sure that are wating for this long time, i am =DD

Thank you g3gg0, thank you for not forgoting us, the 7D users  ;D

g3gg0

i am not that optimistic that there will be a quick solution :(

coutts

arrinkiiii

Quote from: g3gg0 on May 14, 2013, 01:32:33 PM
i am not that optimistic that there will be a quick solution :(

Damn  :-[

7D always going have this problem, its always the last and never have all the functions that the rest of the D's have... even the litle "load everytime the ML"   ...it's sad  :'(   it's sad that only you touch in the 7D, but i inderstand...

Great job that you are making in the 5D with the raw, congratulations =DDD Keep the good work  :D

ted ramasola

Quote from: coutts on May 14, 2013, 01:35:13 PM
5D2 is working now, fyi.

Thanks for the link to a 5d2 module you gave earlier Coutts. After that link you posted a new nightly build(may 14) was posted, I believed it would have included the module you made for the 5d2 since i read the changelog that it mentioned your stubs.

However it wont show the M tab. So I will still overwrite the autoexec.bin from the link you posted earlier.
5DmkII  / 7D
www.ramasolaproductions.com
Texas

vertigopix

Hi G3gg0,

Any chance for the 60D ?

Anyway, congrats to the team for this crazy good new !

Tommy.Johansen.

Hi

i install the Nightly build 14 on my 5D mark II but i can find the  "M" tab all of you is talking about .. I'm a bit noob to this soft ware so any help i bet happy for!!

cinema5D

Guys, this is AMAZING work, truly.
Thanks so much for putting this together for everyone involved, it's revolutionary for the film world.

At cinema5D we put together a small GUIDE covering the basic steps to get the 5D recording RAW: http://c5d.at/1o4
Please give us feedback if anything in there is wrong or easier to achieve and we will update the guide.

Thanks and good light!

KahL

What's going on w/ the 600D? Is it available to test and where?

mburgst

Quote from: arrinkiiii on May 14, 2013, 01:39:23 PM
Damn  :-[

7D always going have this problem, its always the last and never have all the functions that the rest of the D's have... even the litle "load everytime the ML"   ...it's sad  :'(   it's sad that only you touch in the 7D, but i inderstand...

Great job that you are making in the 5D with the raw, congratulations =DDD Keep the good work  :D

it's like a big faceplam that it's always this darn dual-digic thing that hinds the work on the 7D.

thumbs up for the great work, but for us 7D users that's pretty disappointing after all. :(

RenatoPhoto

I want to know if anyone has been able to compile ML raw_rec module using windows 7 32 bits with Cygwin and gcc 4.7.3

http://www.pululahuahostal.com  |  EF 300 f/4, EF 100-400 L, EF 180 L, EF-S 10-22, Samyang 14mm, Sigma 28mm EX DG, Sigma 8mm 1:3.5 EX DG, EF 50mm 1:1.8 II, EF 1.4X II, Kenko C-AF 2X

jordancolburn

Quote from: KahL on May 14, 2013, 02:41:21 PM
What's going on w/ the 600D? Is it available to test and where?
The forum user 1% has put together a compiled build for the 600d here (be warned that the SD card limits you to smaller than HD resolution):
https://bitbucket.org/OtherOnePercent/tragic-lantern-2.0/downloads

I had luck installing and using it, but no matter what frame sizes I specified, I got those pink weird cropped frames every 5-10 frames (Using a transcend class 10 card, which others said they were able to use on small resolutions without issue).  I'm extremely excited about the RAW possibility, the files just have so much lattitude!  Any tips on how to get pink frame-free video on a 600d from someone who has tried it?

arrinkiiii

Quote from: mburgst on May 14, 2013, 02:59:28 PM
it's like a big faceplam that it's always this darn dual-digic thing that hinds the work on the 7D.

thumbs up for the great work, but for us 7D users that's pretty disappointing after all. :(

Yes its true and sad  :'(   

600d/60D = because is cheap, so everybody got one
5D = because is the very best, full frame.

Still, thanks for the revolution in the DSLR world !!! Big game change !!!  ;D

tackyattack

Quote from: jordancolburn on May 14, 2013, 03:11:46 PM
The forum user 1% has put together a compiled build for the 600d here (be warned that the SD card limits you to smaller than HD resolution):

I had luck installing and using it, but no matter what frame sizes I specified, I got those pink weird cropped frames every 5-10 frames (Using a transcend class 10 card, which others said they were able to use on small resolutions without issue).  I'm extremely excited about the RAW possibility, the files just have so much lattitude!  Any tips on how to get pink frame-free video on a 600d from someone who has tried it?

Will it work on the 550d?

KahL

Quote from: jordancolburn on May 14, 2013, 03:11:46 PM

Thanks, just PM'ed you too.
No luck so far for me, but to be fair, I AM trying this on the 550D. Maybe it isn't prepared for that one yet, though usually 600D builds are compatible. So color me confused all the way.

1%

That won't work for 550D, its 600D only. I'm  not getting pink frames anymore most of the time.. sometimes jacked up frames. I haven't tried 1738 or 1740 again which were known bad.

Hehe, I got my own question....

whats up with printing uint64 or long long int with printf? I can cut off the 4gb limit but the indicators are all fucked up.

KahL

Quote from: 1% on May 14, 2013, 04:11:18 PM
That won't work for 550D, its 600D only. I'm  not getting pink frames anymore most of the time.. sometimes jacked up frames. I haven't tried 1738 or 1740 again which were known bad.

whats up with printing uint64 or long long int with printf? I can cut off the 4gb limit but the indicators are all fucked up.

Thanks 1%. I guess I'll just sit tight and follow the progress :)

stevegalle

Does this work:
printf("var = %llu\n", var);

bloomboy

I am looking for a working link to to the compatible OS X 1.1.3. Firmware file, is this on the ML forum somewhere?
As canon has it deleted from their database.
Thanks!
BB ;)

stevegalle

Also regarding the 4gb cutoff, is it possible that the footer isn't getting properly written when the file is cut off? With any file that hit the limit, I get the 'Error: This ain't a lv_rec RAW file' message when I try to convert it. I have not yet tried pasting a footer onto the file.