RAW VIDEO ON SSD ?

Started by vidalipoly, May 13, 2013, 06:53:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hirethestache

Quote from: Haliburton on June 08, 2013, 05:24:23 AM
If we could hijack them to do some lossless (or almost-lossless RED-style) compression of the RAW data, we could be writing more net information to whatever media, within whatever IO bottlenecks there are.

I like your thinking, old boy!
@HireTheStache
www.HireTheStache.com
C100, 5D3, 5D2, 6D

Haliburton

Now if the feasibility bit is set for some of our hero developers, then the idea may become more than ephemera!

Quote from: hirethestache on June 08, 2013, 06:12:47 AM
I like your thinking, old boy!

Vlad

I am familiar with group of developers who can make the device that the flow of video was written down on SSD. but in their opinion this device will have a small demand. the cost of development is in limits of 20-30 thousand dollars. May we arrange vote to learn real need for such device?

painya

Quote from: Vlad on November 07, 2013, 01:12:57 AM
I am familiar with group of developers who can make the device that the flow of video was written down on SSD. but in their opinion this device will have a small demand. the cost of development is in limits of 20-30 thousand dollars. May we arrange vote to learn real need for such device?
Start a poll!
Good footage doesn't make a story any better.

luckybob

Well, your idea is good, but an external SSD has been constrained by its interface, no matter PATA IDE or SATA.

I would like to recommend an external USB3.0 SSD with USB3.0 interface, the size is can be small as a Credit Card, but its capacity can reach about 1TB. Sounds amazing, right?

Meanwhile, just happen to know a wonderful activity for Renice portable native USB 3.0 SSD. Maybe useful to you as well.

they are giving away 256GB USB3.0 SSD drives to celebrate National Day of the PRC, see the link http://goo.gl/o9we1A

Wish me luck. :D

ChristopherHart

Thanks for providing your solutions guys.  I likewise have the same issue with my SSD.
top SSD ratings

SAMK

hello guys
i have 5D MIII i use magic lantern
i think there is at list 500 persone around the world  will be happy to buy the solution offer recording  with ssd and ready to pay at list 100 usd
it will be more than  30 000 dollars and im sure can double
if its really working i will even happy to pay 200 dollars for that solution
i losed already more money to test many card and alaways disapointed
sorry guys for my english hope you understand what i mean