[DONE, only 1..4 MP] 10mp raw picture option for xxxD's

Started by disfordrums, July 28, 2012, 01:31:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

disfordrums

Hey, I really like the 10mp raw option for the 7D, 5DmkII, etc. Is there any possible way to port this option to the 600D or any of the like?

Alia5

You mean smaller RAW-files?
Would be pretty usefull for shooting sequenzes so the memory-card can catch up...

But i don't think this would be possible.

1%

Not sure.... would have to look. There needs to be a list of things to work on.  I like this option because my 400D makes 10mp raws and they are starting to add up.

disfordrums

Thanks for looking into it. When I shoot in clubs, I usually have a very high volume of shots but since the pictures are just getting uploaded to facebook anyways, there is no point in using all 18MPs.

a1ex

You can save MRAW/SRAW from 550D, but nobody was able to develop these files.

1%

Is it still in the code? Maybe I can try it again?

a1ex

You can play with set_pic_quality (tweaks.c) and the constants from property.h. Be prepared to get permanent ERR70, even without card.

Make sure you understand this before going forward: http://magiclantern.wikia.com/wiki/Unbricking

On 550D, the user interface gets corrupted when enabling MRAW/SRAW.

;)

1%

I see, so I will have to make another autoexec that sets the property back for recovery.

a1ex

This recovery method worked on 550D, but not on 5D2/5D3.

1%

QuoteBe careful: setting one property may cause other properties to be changed.

Heh, this is what worries me.

a1ex

I'd rather try this kind of experiments on 60D in C mode, where settings are not saved to ROM. But the 60D already has MRAW/SRAW...

Alia5

What about the 600D?
I could try if.....

Leon

I'd also really like reduced-resolution RAW files on the 550D.

Is the original full resolution RAW data actually resized, or are pixels simply skipped / left out?  I'm just thinking that if some pixels are completely ignored, this could/would result in problems with aliasing and moirĂ©.

Alia5

I've been shooting a lot of Sports-Sequences lately..
And i ended up shooting in JPEG because the 600D can only take 6 RAW-Shots at its full (pure awesome.....) 4 Frames per Second...

I would really love to play around with the MRAW and SRAW files, but since i'm not brave enough to enable this functions on my camera, maybe someone who has done it could upload some small RAWs for me? Just to look how it would work

1%

Did anyone ever try with asserts disabled? Could some of the other qualities like S1 be remapped to instead goto mraw/sraw via cache hacks? Were all the 550D mraws/sraws also corrupt?

disfordrums

nanomad

1%, we can try to cache hack the Err70 but someone needs to get one first :P
EOS 1100D | EOS 650 (No, I didn't forget the D) | Ye Olde Canon EF Lenses ('87): 50 f/1.8 - 28 f/2.8 - 70-210 f/4 | EF-S 18-55 f/3.5-5.6 | Metz 36 AF-5

Simon

would also love to have this on the 550d !

/ Dream mode on

Pulling 2 Megapixel 1080p RAW frames at 24fps
:-*

/ Dream mode off

disfordrums

I ask for modest resolution raw stills, check in couple of months later, and get raw VIDEO...well done sir, well done! :))