Paris Hyperlapse

Started by nk87, May 13, 2013, 10:37:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

nk87

Here is my hyperlapse from paris

raposanegra

Amazing video! How did you do the timelapse with movement that starts on 0:20 seconds ?

Do you have an automatic tripod?

ozcancelik

It calls hyperlapse or walklapse. You need move tripod every single shot. I dont know did he use it but magic lantern ghost image feature help a lot.

Quote from: raposanegra on May 13, 2013, 05:49:32 PM
Amazing video! How did you do the timelapse with movement that starts on 0:20 seconds ?

Do you have an automatic tripod?

a1ex

Wait, you align every single frame manually with the ghost image? Crazy!

ozcancelik

In this case you don't have to. Just keep object center.  But some complex situation Ghost Image with Auto Update works great. It's kind of stop motion. Also you don't have to use tripod with Ghost Image. Of course AE Warp Stabilizer for final touch :)

Quote from: a1ex on May 13, 2013, 06:26:04 PM
Wait, you align every single frame manually with the ghost image? Crazy!

pholler

bart

I love the 3D motion with the pyramids in shot 1:53. Very nice and inspiring!

nk87

Quote from: ozcancelik on May 13, 2013, 06:42:24 PM
In this case you don't have to. Just keep object center.  But some complex situation Ghost Image with Auto Update works great. It's kind of stop motion. Also you don't have to use tripod with Ghost Image. Of course AE Warp Stabilizer for final touch :)
Yes, you are right!
But I don't know how to set Auto Update in Ghost Image (canon 60d). May you explain it?

ozcancelik

I use 5D3 and it's very simple... Like ON, OFF and AUTO UPDATE. Auto Update allows last image overlay in LiveView every time.  Maybe 60D there is no Auto Update. I don't know. We should ask to developers.

Quote from: nk87 on May 14, 2013, 12:21:24 PM
Yes, you are right!
But I don't know how to set Auto Update in Ghost Image (canon 60d). May you explain it?

thefix

I am going to have to try this Hyperlapse thing out, some very impressive results!

Thanks for sharing  :)
600D

nk87

Quote from: ozcancelik on May 14, 2013, 12:39:29 PM
I use 5D3 and it's very simple... Like ON, OFF and AUTO UPDATE. Auto Update allows last image overlay in LiveView every time.  Maybe 60D there is no Auto Update. I don't know. We should ask to developers.
unfortunately in 60d only ON and OFF. But no AUTO UPDATE :(

ozcancelik

I think it's there. But menu is little bit confusing. SET for ON/OFF. Q for Auto Update: ON/OFF. Try that.

Quote from: nk87 on May 14, 2013, 09:53:21 PM
unfortunately in 60d only ON and OFF. But no AUTO UPDATE :(

warnotte

Damn I need to try hyperlapsing. Very cool video you should have passed hours and hours

nk87

Quote from: ozcancelik on May 14, 2013, 10:33:31 PM
I think it's there. But menu is little bit confusing. SET for ON/OFF. Q for Auto Update: ON/OFF. Try that.

but when I press Q button in Ghost image nothing change. No submenu there in 60d (ML 2.3)

ozcancelik

I think they will see your post and fix it. :) At this time developers focused on RAW recording but i know a1ex has 60D. He can fix it when he has time.

Or you can post your request here:  http://www.magiclantern.fm/forum/index.php?board=24.0

Quote from: nk87 on May 16, 2013, 05:40:55 PM
but when I press Q button in Ghost image nothing change. No submenu there in 60d (ML 2.3)