Recording with 24 fps

Started by eightcore, May 10, 2013, 07:48:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

eightcore

Hi there,

I record videos with 24 fps. Nevertheless, the fps number is set to 30 in the video file, so I wrote a batch which converts the videos with the correct framerate. I use Avidemux for that.
And here's the problem: If i set the destination framerate to 24 fps, the video file is being converted with 23.999 fps.
That's why the videos are stuttering.

Does anybody know a solution for my problem (e.g. another software)?

1%

The solution is to use a real NLE and override the FPS.

ItsMeLenny

When you convert the video you're converting what is 24fps sped up to 30fps and dropping frames to get back to 24fps, causing the stuttering.

You need to tell the video editor that you're working in that it's recorded in 24fps so that it can stretch it back out from the 30fps.

eightcore

I switched to Adobe Premiere Pro now.

New Problem:
In the sequence settings, I can't set the fps rate manually, but only 24.000 and 23.976 (and several others, but these drop off for me)
If I set the fps rate in ML to 24.000 or 23.976, the image is too bright, so I can't use my 50mm at f1.4 anymore during daylight.
The brightness is okay at 24.008, but I can't choose these frame rates in Premiere.

How can I solve this?

1%

You can't just interpret footage and set whatever you want? I can in AE

noisyboy

Quote from: eightcore on May 11, 2013, 06:07:57 PM
I switched to Adobe Premiere Pro now.

New Problem:
In the sequence settings, I can't set the fps rate manually, but only 24.000 and 23.976 (and several others, but these drop off for me)
If I set the fps rate in ML to 24.000 or 23.976, the image is too bright, so I can't use my 50mm at f1.4 anymore during daylight.
The brightness is okay at 24.008, but I can't choose these frame rates in Premiere.

How can I solve this?
Could you just create a 24fps sequence (or 23.976) to begin with and then change the frame rate of your footage to match the sequence? In Premiere, to interpret footage (if that's what you are asking), in your project tab (where all your media lives) right click the file, select modify, then Interpret Footage, and then enter the frame rate of your project in "assume this frame rate".

eightcore

Yes, you're right.
But at the end, I can't export it with this framerate. Or at least I haven't yet found any way to do this.

1%

Why, it should export just fine to cineform or uncompressed and the like.