canon 600d hdmi out cropped view

Started by thomas bruegger, December 31, 2012, 02:11:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thomas bruegger

hi first mail here, since i bought a 600d as a second body to the 5dmIII.

im running unified 2.3 on the 600d and im impressed where this has gone since the days when ML first came out, been using tramels first version on the MarkII before the audio Firmware was present.

i have a problem though regarding the hdmi out. when i plug a small-hd dp6 or dp4 to the hdmi port, in standby mode the image display is fine, in record mode a portion of the lower image is being cropped in the hdmi out view as shown on the image here:

perhaps i have missed a important switch in ML, any help would be appreciated, thanks.

Thomas

Francis

That is not the fault of ML. The output resolution changes depending if it is recording or not. That is why FullHD recording is not possible with an external HDMI recorder.

1%

600D switches to SD out while recording. Cache hacking this kills both displays. I don't think camera can handle 2 HD buffers.

thomas bruegger

the small-hd monitors switch size- and aspect automatic between standby and record. although the output is somewhat worse than on the 5dMII this cropping does not happen when the 600D is started without ML. Its probably best to not use it with an external monitor.

Thomas

1%

You can change the setting for the top/bottom bar around. Its still useable unless you're trying to record HDMI output. A little crop on your monitor screen is better than a tiny screen.

egc

The same error here with 600D and a Lilliput 667GL Monitor via HDMI. The picture is not only croped on the lower side, but also flattened, so it is very annoying filming with this devices.
As Thomas said above, if i start the camera without ML the picture is still flattened, but it is not croped on the lower side.
I guess it is croped because of the information line of ML, which is moved somehow into the picture.
Thanks!

Best regards
egc

egc