[IMPOSSIBLE] Long Exp. NR within FPS Override

Started by 8.tepe, May 11, 2013, 01:52:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

8.tepe

I noticed "tired pixels" in a fps override test record. I think it is due to lacking long exp NR in video mode. These noisy pixels are not shown in the exposures shorter than 2 second.

Some details about the shot:
- 550D with ML 2.3 stable
- fps override , @0.5 fps (1 frame per 2 second, so shutter speed is 2 s)
- CBR 3x

Is there any way to enable NR in fps override?

Edit: Sorry for this unnecessary request, I think it is related to iso, lower is better.

ozcancelik

If im not wrong, FPS Override will combine with RAW recording. Not now, but developers working on it. After that there will be no vertical noise patterns. So be patient :)

a1ex

Raw recording has nothing to do with that noise (it's just another image format).

ozcancelik

Let me clear. After vsyc with RAW, we will see same vertical patterns? Nothing will change? Sad :(

Quote from: a1ex on May 11, 2013, 06:17:11 PM
Raw recording has nothing to do with that noise (it's just another image format).

a1ex

Save it as tif and see if the patterns disappear ;)

1%

Needs more timer B to get rid of the lines but then you might get the sprinkle noise. Or use intervalometer and no FPS override. Be happy no lines at 1fps.

ozcancelik

Ok got it :) So our limit is still 1 sec. exposure for fps override without patterns even combine with RAW.

Or we should use intervalometer & Silent Pics with 1/31 shutter limit.

8.tepe

Thanks for your interest.

I think my 2-year old 550d is not capable of recording "clean" time lapses via FPS override. Intervalometer works well  :)

ozcancelik: teşekkürler  ;)