ML overlays sent out to USB tethering

Started by dlrpgmsvc, May 09, 2013, 12:32:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dlrpgmsvc

It will be useful and cheaper to use a tethered tablet as a field monitor, but ML graphics are not sent to it: only live video is.
Do this can be done ?
If you think it's impossible, you have lost beforehand

bond4ufriends

Yeah it would be great looking forward to it ! :)
And using a tab in cheaper than expensive field monitor ! :) (y)

gerk.raisen

+1
It can be very useful if someone resume the Stzupy work with ptpcam-ml and the android program
Now after a lot a changes (especially in the menu) is almost totally broken.

dlrpgmsvc

It has be said to me that it is sufficient to enable a couple of switches in the makefile and then re-compile the latest sources.

Gerk.raisen : do you think it is true ? I still didn't tried this. I was thinking that it consisted in a simple instruction that puts out the pre-existing ML graphics to the USB: isn't it true ? Do the code must be modified every time the main ML code (or graphic and menu section) is changed ?
If you think it's impossible, you have lost beforehand

gerk.raisen

Hello, dlrpgmsvc

Yes, I tried and used the ML when it was working and it was very useful...I was also developing some ideato redirect the output via wifi...

No in theory the code doesn't need to be modified at every minimal change but from last Stzupy version huge changes has been made to menu subsystem (practical rewritten from scratch and now it's very different than before.
I tried enabling it and compiling the code some week ago but it was quite unusable

I very hope someone will resume the Stzupy work with ptpcam-ml and the android program..

I miss this function a lot :)

P.S. Stzupy if you are here around give us a sign...

scrax

Here the official topic about the app: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?p=23202851
I suppose that Stzupy is more active in that forum...

By the way I can't find sources for ML controller
I'm using ML2.3 for photography with:
EOS 600DML | EOS 400Dplus | EOS 5D MLbeta5- EF 100mm f/2.8 USM Macro  - EF-S 17-85mm f4-5.6 IS USM - EF 70-200mm f/4 L USM - 580EXII - OsX, PS, LR, RawTherapee, LightZone -no video experience-