600D video quality settings

Started by 51sth, May 08, 2013, 05:04:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

51sth

This might be a stupid question, but I don't seem to find no settings for changing the resolution to which I'm using for recording. Is there any? I have ML 2.3.

nanomad

Look inside canon standard menus  ;)
EOS 1100D | EOS 650 (No, I didn't forget the D) | Ye Olde Canon EF Lenses ('87): 50 f/1.8 - 28 f/2.8 - 70-210 f/4 | EF-S 18-55 f/3.5-5.6 | Metz 36 AF-5

51sth

Quote from: nanomad on May 08, 2013, 05:10:22 PM
Look inside canon standard menus  ;)

Ok, thanks. Didn't know they worked on Magic Lantern too. I.e. white balance from there wont work. Which leads to my second question: How can I adjust my white balance from taken photo in ML?

nanomad

The canon UI is completely functional with ML. If it doesn't work, then it's either a bug or user error
EOS 1100D | EOS 650 (No, I didn't forget the D) | Ye Olde Canon EF Lenses ('87): 50 f/1.8 - 28 f/2.8 - 70-210 f/4 | EF-S 18-55 f/3.5-5.6 | Metz 36 AF-5

51sth

It doesnt work, just tried a second time. Everything in wb works normal, I mean the procedure, but the actual change. Anyone else having this problem with 3ti?

Andy600

If I'm not selecting by temperature (K) I usually press the Q button and select a preset WB there
Colorist working with Davinci Resolve, Baselight, Nuke, After Effects & Premier Pro. Occasional Sunday afternoon DOP. Developer of Cinelog-C Colorspace Management and LUTs - www.cinelogdcp.com

scrax

Quote from: 51sth on May 09, 2013, 07:55:58 PM
It doesnt work, just tried a second time. Everything in wb works normal, I mean the procedure, but the actual change. Anyone else having this problem with 3ti?
So do you mean by using: custom wb after selecting a pic in canon menu? I'll try now.
I'm using ML2.3 for photography with:
EOS 600DML | EOS 400Dplus | EOS 5D MLbeta5- EF 100mm f/2.8 USM Macro  - EF-S 17-85mm f4-5.6 IS USM - EF 70-200mm f/4 L USM - 580EXII - OsX, PS, LR, RawTherapee, LightZone -no video experience-

scrax

I've set WB to auto from WB dialog, take a pic of the wall results in a too pink image, setting that pic as source image for custom WB in canon menu and selecting custom WB in white balance dialog gives a correct white wall pics, so to me seems to work ok.

...wait... did this test in photo mode....  :P ::)
OK, made same procedure in video mode and it worked as expected also in movie mode
I'm using ML2.3 for photography with:
EOS 600DML | EOS 400Dplus | EOS 5D MLbeta5- EF 100mm f/2.8 USM Macro  - EF-S 17-85mm f4-5.6 IS USM - EF 70-200mm f/4 L USM - 580EXII - OsX, PS, LR, RawTherapee, LightZone -no video experience-

51sth

I think there is auto white balance that adjust the wb automatically if the picture changes in color, but also you can take the picture from white paper in the right lightning and get it right that way, or in magic lantern you can manually set the right kelvin reading. If I take the picture, it won't change my WB in video or picture modes. I guess this is said to be manually too(?)

I also changed to my SDHC card instead of SDXC card which had ML 2.3 too and the same problem occurs.

51sth

I found out why I couldn't use my custom white balance using photo in canon menu. The reason was that my wb wasn't in custom in ML menu. After changing the wb by hand there ain't no return to custom if you don't change one of the RGB's which can be found using "Q". Atleast I don't know another way. Custom works only when custom is on in the ML menu too :P Only thing was that it was hard to find how to change it to custom..