Tragic Lantern VS Magic Lantern?

Started by aaphotog, May 08, 2013, 02:56:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

aaphotog

I've noticed "tragic lantern" being used around here. I thought that it was another term for magic lantern. I've since realized that TL offers different raw recording options for the 5d3 than ML. What are the differences between the two? Also, are they created by the same people???

scrax

Tragic Lantern is for 600D if I'm not wrong, it's the fork of 1% with his work in progress. So far in the source there isn't RAW recording for 600D and in TL 1% is working on adding it, when finished it will be merged in ML like it was for audio control and other things 1% developed.
I'm using ML2.3 for photography with:
EOS 600DML | EOS 400Dplus | EOS 5D MLbeta5- EF 100mm f/2.8 USM Macro  - EF-S 17-85mm f4-5.6 IS USM - EF 70-200mm f/4 L USM - 580EXII - OsX, PS, LR, RawTherapee, LightZone -no video experience-

aaphotog

Quote from: scrax on May 08, 2013, 05:47:04 AM
Tragic Lantern is for 600D if I'm not wrong, it's the fork of 1% with his work in progress. So far in the source there isn't RAW recording for 600D and in TL 1% is working on adding it, when finished it will be merged in ML like it was for audio control and other things 1% developed.
Got it, thx!

Michael Zöller

Tragic lantern is the name of our dev 1%s githup repository. He merges his changes and additions into the official magic lantern tree as soon as they work.
neoluxx.de
EOS 5D Mark II | EOS 600D | EF 24-70mm f/2.8 | Tascam DR-40