Lexar 1000x CompactFlash 32GB failure

Started by Striker_The_One, May 24, 2013, 09:26:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Striker_The_One

Hello, as i recently purchased this card, i am banging my head against the wall, because i put it on an Emtec Card Reader (usb3.0) and whenever i open it in my computer, it asks me to format it. As i do, i noticed this:

Then i used Image Rescue 4, where i am able to (supposedly) format/erase the card, and when i select 'open' the format message re-appears:

When i put the card in camera, this error appears: "Card1 cannot be accessed. Reinsert/change the card or format card with camera". If i format it, this message appears: "Cannot format. Change card1".7

As anyone witnessed this with the card? I will try to format it with other CF readable camera, or try to buy the Lexar Professional Reader, as i ultimately hope this is a card problem.

Best regards.

RenatoPhoto

Even the best fail.

I have a 32 GB Lexar 1000x that failed after one month of use.  I hope to get a free replacement.
http://www.pululahuahostal.com  |  EF 300 f/4, EF 100-400 L, EF 180 L, EF-S 10-22, Samyang 14mm, Sigma 28mm EX DG, Sigma 8mm 1:3.5 EX DG, EF 50mm 1:1.8 II, EF 1.4X II, Kenko C-AF 2X

benberkhout

I have just bought 2 x Komputerbay 64GB 1000x UDMA7 cards and one failed today. Exactly the same issues as you're having. All the same errors and warnings. Can't read on PC or Mac nor can I format on camera (5Dmark III).

I've looked around and it just seems to be a bad card issue, so probably same for yours... Not great help but in some weird way I feel happier at least that I'm not alone on this issue.

Zao

There is something about having to download the patch to use the card with a usb3.0 reader
5Dii/T3i & a few super taks