Questions regarding compilation, TCC

Started by RenatoPhoto, May 06, 2013, 10:19:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

minimimi

Quote from: RenatoPhoto on May 08, 2013, 03:25:18 PM
Thanks for the time you take to help with this issue.  I really appreciated and I assume that this will have to be take care at some point so that other people using windows compiler will have to resolve in order to get some of these TCC module options.  So I hope that the time spent fixing this will help someone else too.

hmm, off topic sorry.
I'm worried about that people didn't understand the risk of this cutting-edge codes  who is this skill level such as you.
Then, maybe peoples will send canon customer center when their camera is bricked.
Canon need to pay more recovery cost , and canon will start to attack our community IMHO.

So maybe, I think the best thing is we do not support install support for cutting-edge codes.

So I think you can not install yourself , I recommend you to wait a release version.

RenatoPhoto

Quote from: minimimi on May 08, 2013, 06:06:24 PM

I'm worried about that people didn't understand the risk of this cutting-edge codes  who is this skill level such as you.
Then, maybe peoples will send canon customer center when their camera is bricked.
Canon need to pay more recovery cost , and canon will start to attack our community IMHO.

hmm, OFF TOPIC SORRY.

Why do you worry about what I do or not do!  I take my own risk, just like everybody else, and I am not stupid just a nob.

So if you want to help that is great, if you dont, then that is great too!  This is a free world and free software which by the way I contributed economically.

If you want to discuss abut risk and what Canon will do then open another thread.  This thread is about help required compiling with TCC.

http://www.pululahuahostal.com  |  EF 300 f/4, EF 100-400 L, EF 180 L, EF-S 10-22, Samyang 14mm, Sigma 28mm EX DG, Sigma 8mm 1:3.5 EX DG, EF 50mm 1:1.8 II, EF 1.4X II, Kenko C-AF 2X

RenatoPhoto

Ok done.

Progress made...

New error:

[ LD       ]   magiclantern
tcc-gui.o: In function `handle_picoc_keys':
tcc-gui.c:(.text+0x518): multiple definition of `handle_picoc_keys'
picoc.o:picoc.c:(.text+0x660): first defined here
tcc-gui.o: In function `script_setup_param':
tcc-gui.c:(.text+0x5c8): multiple definition of `script_setup_param'
picoc.o:picoc.c:(.text+0x72c): first defined here
tcc-gui.o: In function `script_reset_params':
tcc-gui.c:(.text+0x620): multiple definition of `script_reset_params'
picoc.o:picoc.c:(.text+0x784): first defined here
tcc-gui.o: In function `script_open_submenu':
tcc-gui.c:(.text+0x9a8): multiple definition of `script_open_submenu'
picoc.o:picoc.c:(.text+0xb0c): first defined here
tcc-gui.o: In function `script_setup_title':
tcc-gui.c:(.text+0xa28): multiple definition of `script_setup_title'
picoc.o:picoc.c:(.text+0xb8c): first defined here
tcc-gui.o: In function `script_key_dequeue':
tcc-gui.c:(.text+0xa5c): multiple definition of `script_key_dequeue'
picoc.o:picoc.c:(.text+0xbc0): first defined here
tcc-gui.o: In function `script_key_enqueue':
tcc-gui.c:(.text+0xa9c): multiple definition of `script_key_enqueue'
picoc.o:picoc.c:(.text+0xc00): first defined here
tcc-gui.o:(.bss+0x4): multiple definition of `script_stop_requested'
picoc.o:(.bss+0x4): first defined here
dietlibc.a(vsscanf.o): In function `vsscanf':
vsscanf.c:(.text+0x5c): warning: warning: the scanf functions add several kilobytes of bloat.
dietlibc.a(sprintf.o): In function `sprintf':
sprintf.c:(.text+0x14): warning: warning: Avoid *sprintf; use *snprintf. It is more secure.
collect2.exe: error: ld returned 1 exit status
../../Makefile.inc:440: recipe for target `magiclantern' failed
make[1]: *** [magiclantern] Error 1
make[1]: se sale del directorio `/home/PH/magic-lantern/platform/5D3.113'
Makefile:70: recipe for target `5D3' failed
make: *** [5D3] Error 2

http://www.pululahuahostal.com  |  EF 300 f/4, EF 100-400 L, EF 180 L, EF-S 10-22, Samyang 14mm, Sigma 28mm EX DG, Sigma 8mm 1:3.5 EX DG, EF 50mm 1:1.8 II, EF 1.4X II, Kenko C-AF 2X

1%

Can't have picoC and tcc at the same time... you can try tinypy.. need to build the module too. I haven't added it to mine because I don't see any tinypy scripts :(

RenatoPhoto

Ok, I disabled PicoC in Makefile.user

CONFIG_PICOC = n

.. make clean and make 5D3

It compiled!!!!!!!

No with the last step.

I went to module lv_rec and make but got error, I suppose I should fix this before I compile...

Here is the make at lv_rec directory

H@PH-Laotop ~/magic-lantern/modules/lv_rec
$ make
[ CC       ]   lv_rec.o
lv_rec.c:1:20: fatal error: module.h: No such file or directory
compilation terminated.
/home/PH/magic-lantern/modules/lv_rec/../../Makefile.inc:748: recipe for target `lv_rec.o' failed
make: *** [lv_rec.o] Error 1

1%

Lv_rec is broken in the repo there is a fix on the forums... are modules enabled?

RenatoPhoto

Yes in Makefile.user

CONFIG_TCC          = y
CONFIG_MEMCHECK     = y
CONFIG_MODULES      = y

Will have to wait until repo is updated?

hookah

5D3, Sigma Art 35mm 1.4, Tamron 24-70mm 2.8 VC, Tokina 11-16 2.8, Canon 50mm 1.4 + 100mm 2.8 macro + 15mm

RenatoPhoto

Thanks but dont know where to put it and what to take out.  Not a programmer. 
Why is the repo not fixed?

RenatoPhoto

I am trying to compile latest raw_rec in WINDOWS as noted on the instructions by Alex:

+ * Usage:
1 enable modules in Makefile.user (CONFIG_MODULES = y, CONFIG_TCC = y, CONFIG_PICOC = n, CONFIG_CONSOLE = y)
2 run "make" from modules/raw_rec to compile this module and the DNG converter
3 run "make install" from platform dir to copy the modules on the card
4 from Module menu: Load modules now
5 look in Movie menu

but got the error:

$ make
[ CC       ]   raw_rec.o
raw_rec.c:20:20: fatal error: module.h: No such file or directory
compilation terminated.
/home/PH/magic-lantern/modules/raw_rec/../../Makefile.inc:749: recipe for target `raw_rec.o' failed
make: *** [raw_rec.o] Error 1

1%

Path to module.h is wrong. Check its makefile I guess.

tferradans

Same problem here! help, please! There's not even a mention to module.h in makefile...

1%

Which makefile... there is the main one and the one for the module itself. Paths are wrong in one of them.

tferradans

to compile the module, i think that I'm using the one in raw_rec folder...

ozcancelik

I have no problem with compiling but when i come back to camera and click "Load Modules Now" it says "Linking, Init modules, Modules Loaded". But i guess nothing loaded. There is no change in Movie menu.

scrax

Quote from: ozcancelik on May 12, 2013, 09:46:11 PM
I have no problem with compiling but when i come back to camera and click "Load Modules Now" it says "Linking, Init modules, Modules Loaded". But i guess nothing loaded. There is no change in Movie menu.
you should have a new menu for the module loaded last item to the right
I'm using ML2.3 for photography with:
EOS 600DML | EOS 400Dplus | EOS 5D MLbeta5- EF 100mm f/2.8 USM Macro  - EF-S 17-85mm f4-5.6 IS USM - EF 70-200mm f/4 L USM - 580EXII - OsX, PS, LR, RawTherapee, LightZone -no video experience-

Audionut

I got it all compiled but when trying to load module in camera,

Compile log https://www.dropbox.com/s/jnkndms1l57bcgl/log.txt

Quotemake -C ../../tcc
make[2]: Entering directory `/home/magiclantern/magic-lantern/tcc'
make[2]: Nothing to be done for `all'.
make[2]: Leaving directory `/home/magiclantern/magic-lantern/tcc'

edit:  I didn't have raw_rec.o in place.  Did that then got this.

And as below, nothing extra appears in the movie menu.

I then replaced everything with the files from the uploaded build in this thread,
http://www.magiclantern.fm/forum/index.php?topic=5247.msg34203;topicseen#msg34203
and get nothing at all?

edit2:  Didn't have the FLEXINFO.XML either.  Copied that into place and bingo!

Holy crap, Lexar 1000x here I come!

ozcancelik

Quote from: scrax on May 13, 2013, 06:01:55 AM
you should have a new menu for the module loaded last item to the right
Thats the problem :) M menu is there(top right). Raw_rec compiled with no problem and copy paste ML/MODULES/raw_rec. It says "load modules... Loaded." But Movie menu still same no raw menu added.

Audionut

I've just tried compiling myself again and I'm getting the same as below.

Quote from: Audionut on May 13, 2013, 07:16:06 AM

My magiclantern.sym file is 0 bytes? :(

a1ex

[ SYMBOLS  ]   magiclantern.sym
/bin/sh: 1: gawk: not found

Audionut

http://ftp.gnu.org/gnu/gawk/

Am I on the right track?  Is so, do I have to compile anything or just place the source files in the correct location?

RenatoPhoto

Quote from: tferradans on May 12, 2013, 07:50:23 PM
Same problem here! help, please! There's not even a mention to module.h in makefile...

I found the module.h but it is in the raw_rec file.  It reads
#include <module.h>

So I gave it a path this way:

#include "../../src/module.h"

so now it goes to the next include with the same error.  So I changed the raw-rec file again.
#include <dryos.h>
to:
#include "../../src/dryos.h"

but this leads to a new error:

$ make
[ CC       ]   raw_rec.o
In file included from ../../src/dryos.h:33:0,
                 from raw_rec.c:21:
../../src/config-defines.h:62:50: fatal error: internals.h: No such file or directory
compilation terminated.
/home/PH/ML/modules/raw_rec/../../Makefile.inc:749: recipe for target `raw_rec.o' failed
make: *** [raw_rec.o] Error 1

So, I dont know what to do.  This is way above my head..

I wonder if the people that have compiled raw_rec module are doing in:

1. windows machine with cygwin?
2. windows machine with VmPlayer?
3. Linux machine?

I am using windows 7 32 bit machine with Cygwin
btw I also tried cloning my directory in case that something messed up but now luck.

I hope someone can clear this for me and others!

tferradans

Help here too! whenever I try to 'make install', it crashes copying to the card.
mkdir: cannot create directory '/media/EOS_DIGITAL': Permission denied

I tried to change permissions, and didn't work either.

Is there a command line for not transfering stuff straight to the card, like, creating a zip file, or something like it (putting all compiled files into a single folder, maybe)?

tferradans

RenatoPhoto, yesterday I tried like hell to make cygwin work. Managed to get a regular compile, but for the module part, didn't work.

So I installed a VirtualMachine (VM VirtualBox), and used the files from nanomad's nightly server. Just download and extract the bigger one. All autoexec compiling will work great. :)

http://nanomad.magiclantern.fm/Development%20Box/VirtualBox/

tferradans

Quote from: tferradans on May 13, 2013, 09:10:08 PM
Help here too! whenever I try to 'make install', it crashes copying to the card.
mkdir: cannot create directory '/media/EOS_DIGITAL': Permission denied

I tried to change permissions, and didn't work either.

Is there a command line for not transfering stuff straight to the card, like, creating a zip file, or something like it (putting all compiled files into a single folder, maybe)?

Found a way around it. Changing the Makefile file, when it defines the target for CF_CARD, to a different folder did the job. :)