Old Russian Lenses

Started by Andy600, May 06, 2013, 05:09:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Andy600

I've just found a bunch of mint condition old Russian lenses going cheap. I think most were for a 16mm film camera so they probably have bayonet mount but does anyone know if the Meteor 5-1 f1. 9 / 17-69mm and the Mir-11/Mir-11m 12.5mm f2 were available with m42 mount? Can they be converted for Canon use?

The seller knows nothing about cameras or lenses and it's a bit of a journey to go see/check them.

Also, the BMCC Pocket is super16 size so maybe these would work with that and an appropriate adapter (if there is such a thing as a bayonet to EOS adapter?)

Colorist working with Davinci Resolve, Baselight, Nuke, After Effects & Premier Pro. Occasional Sunday afternoon DOP. Developer of Cinelog-C Colorspace Management and LUTs - www.cinelogdcp.com

ItsMeLenny

Did you try ebaying whatever the mount is to EOS mount.
Most mounts exist for on the cheap aswell, 2 dollars from china.

Chungdha

There are m42 mount adapters.

jordancolburn

I have an m42 to EOS mount.  For video, just get the cheapest one without any focus confirm sensor.  I've also had luck adapting older pentax mount lenses too.  The only downside to the cheap adapters has been a little rotational "play" after attaching the lens to the camera, but it hasn't seemed to effect video quality and I'm sure a slightly nice adapter would eliminate the issue.

Andy600

Thanks guys. I think I worded my post wrong because I already use adaptors for M42 and Nikon lenses. I was more interested in if the lenses were bayonet or if some of them were made with M42 mounts but unfortunately they are not. Thanks anyway :)
Colorist working with Davinci Resolve, Baselight, Nuke, After Effects & Premier Pro. Occasional Sunday afternoon DOP. Developer of Cinelog-C Colorspace Management and LUTs - www.cinelogdcp.com

Nachelsoul

Hi Andy, I think I have found what you were looking for:
www.eoshd.com/comments/topic/2513-blackmagic-pocket-cinema-camera-c-mount-lens-compatibility-list/page-9
Read one of the last post of this page. I suppose it is a hard to find item. Get lucky, those soviet lenses looks promising.