Gopro scripts

Started by Chucho, April 29, 2013, 09:03:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chucho

Hi there, So I got a gopro hero 3 black edition this evening and was wondering if anybody had some scripts to share.
######################################################
# Firmware ROM Dumper For GoPro Hero 3 Black edition #

savebin D:\ROMFS.bin 0xc0100000 l 0x900000
sleep 2
t app button power P
sleep 5
t app button power R

This script will dump the firmware to your micro sd card. Save this code as a autoexec.ash file and place it in your micro sd root path. You don't have to make your card bootable like you do with canon's. Wait for the camera to shut down and remove the card. Remove the autoexec.ash file when you have a rom dump. Gopro firmware uses µITRON4.0 specification so it looks similar to canon firmware. I like to make it clear this is not an attempted to port ML to gopro. To view the firmware just use your "favorite" disassembler and disassemble it like you could disassemble canon firmware use 0xc0100000 as the starting address. At the moment I have firmware verson HD3.03.02.39. I found some stubs
0xC014CE18 fopen
0xC014CDB8 fclose
0xC014CE48 fread
0xC014CF00 _fstat
0xC014CF60 fwrite
0xC02AD93C fseek

I also found what looks to be the gui main task for the lcd touch bacpac at 0xC044BD7C and the switch statement at 0xC044BD9C. If someone could figure out a script command to load a binary file to the memory that would be great some hints may be found here http://spritesmods.com/?art=zx3hack&page=4
This script will enable exposure lock
#       Enable/Disable exposure module lock          #
#         For GoPro Hero 3 Black edition             #
#         Usage: t ia2 -exp lock [en]                #
#         en = [0|1], 0:disable, 1:enable            #

t ia2 -exp lock 1/n

The exposure script seems buggy in photo mode. Hopefully I'll have more time next weekend to look at the firmware and figure out some more scripts.
A reminder this scripts can damage your camera use on your own risk.

ItsMeLenny

Bit odd posting this in the general development discussions of Magic Lantern....

dkitsov

Thank you for posting, Chucho.
I do not seem to be able to make the exposure lock script work.
Scripts I have found elsewhere seem to be working fine. Any advice?

Vegandelight

This is really a big deal considering GoPro revealed it can do 4K 24fps and 720p240. But that generates too much heat for the current design of the camera, but a heatsink or similar could easily fuck that issue.

Has any additional information about changing video modes been found?
I would love to see this topic being discussed even tho it's for magic lantern.

GoPro Hero 3 Black Magic Lantern Edition. Come an!

EDGERIDER

there is definitively a market for that out there !

we already have a fully functional 64 x eos 600d bullet time rig, and are currently building a bullet time rig with 64 hero3+ and there would be a couple of function we wouldn't mind give decent amount of cash for :

1) exposure lock or even exposure control....
2) shot confirmation signal as soon as shot is taken
3) access to the network side of the linux system to be able to download the pics from the card to a computer via any of those : WIFI/USB/ETHERNET.
4) fix IP adressing

KonradIturbe

Quote from: EDGERIDER on October 04, 2013, 10:39:59 AM
1) exposure lock or even exposure control....
2) shot confirmation signal as soon as shot is taken
3) access to the network side of the linux system to be able to download the pics from the card to a computer via any of those : WIFI/USB/ETHERNET.
4) fix IP adressing

1) I am working on it, i will post a github link to download it.

2) You mean, when a pic is taken, a led stay brigh for 3 secs, after the pic or before.?

3) Wifi: I lend you some interesting links:
http://chernowii.com/hack.html

http://github.com/KonradIT/goprowifihack

Basically, you can access the pics with the internal server: 10.5.5.9:8080
With a picture downloader (neodownloader, bulk image downloader...) download all the pics.

jamessuperior

Quote from: Vegandelight on August 04, 2013, 10:16:50 AM
This is really a big deal considering GoPro revealed it can do 4K 24fps and 720p240. But that generates too much heat for the current design of the camera, but a heatsink or similar could easily fuck that issue.

Has any additional information about changing video modes been found?
I would love to see this topic being discussed even tho it's for magic lantern.

GoPro Hero 3 Black Magic Lantern Edition. Come an!

Uuuuh! Id like to see that happen, how can i help? :)

Best,

Jonas

jmalmsten

I have tried and oh, so many times I have tried using that "t ia2 -exp lock 1/n" command in a ash-script. But So far I have found nothing that even remotely looks like a locked exposure. Am I doing anything wrong? I put that command in a autoexec.ash-file and load it into the root-folder of the card but nothing seems to be happening.

When I tried one of those "Take a pic and then shut down"-scripts those worked. But it just seems to refuse to do exposure-lock.

So far what I have deduced is that it might run the scripts in a sheltered mode. and once the script is done running, it resumes default autoexposure-mode. So a single-line script might be enabling the exposure-lock and then immediately after that (since the script is done) it resumes autoexposure.

I have tried to do a script that takes a pic and then locks exposure and then starts recording for 1000 sec... but that just got my gopro to freeze up in an eternal loop until I pulled out the card and battery and with a separate card-reader I had to delete the ash-script from the card before the GoPro would start working again...

So I'm stumped. I have no idea what I'm doing wrong since so many places are referring to that command as a working method. But I have yet to even see any examples that shows it working. Let alone making it work anything like an exposure lock myself. I mean. It couldn't be that all these people have no idea what an exposure lock is supposed to do, could it? That just sounds too strange to be the case...
My semi-bilingual site - >http://www.jmalmsten.com

NateVolk

Curious, is there a possible way to enable RAW photos?  Any ideas?

KonradIturbe