Could 700d/t5i firmware be ported on 650d/t4i?

Started by VlastaS, April 27, 2013, 07:20:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

VlastaS

Hi guys,
I was wondering whether at some point you could use the 700d firmware to restore the Video crop mode on the 650d? Since 700d has it and 650d doesn't as you already know. 700D should have been a firmware update for the 650d not a new model. I don't know what Canon is doing these days but I sure don't like it. I'm a life long Canon customer and the only reason I'm still using Canon is Magic Lantern. It will cost them a lot if they continue this business model, seriously they should pay you for what you are doing, they should hire you to develop their official firmwares because they don't care about customers as much as you do obviously, and they are getting paid for not giving a ****. It amazes me that you are doing all you are for free. Develop your own camera! :)

VlastaS

Thanks for the reply. I'm not a programmer but I thought it would be possible to maybe somehow see the difference between the two firmwares and that would help you enable the option on 650d. Maybe that is only logical inside my head.  Since Nanomad used EOS M's firmware to start the ML port on the 650d I figured maybe this would be possible too. But it obviously isn't that simple.

1%

Quote700D should have been a firmware update for the 650d not a new model

Very much doubt that. I think 700D is what the 650D should have started out as and lo and behold they're going to stop making it. They would have been 100x better off just adding UHS to 600D.

VlastaS

You're right. 700d is the same as 600d bar the touch screen. I don't see any particular advantages of the faster processor and 600d has the advantage of having ML so it's the best of the 3. I was a fool and got 650d the day it got out because I thought it can't possibly be worse than 600d that would be impossible and it was worse! I can't see how a responsible company could do such a thing!