14bit RAW DNG silent pics! (silent.mo)

Started by Francis, April 26, 2013, 03:47:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rush

Quote from: Africashot on May 09, 2013, 11:56:00 AM
Yup, I have noticed that; Lightroom adds sharpness and I did defringe, nevertheless it is areas like this I find hard to deal with:

Nevertheless, what Lightroom version are you using, I think I am on 4.3 and can't find the advanced defringe option I see on your screenshot but kinda remember seeing it on maybe LR3?
It is LR5 beta. Try to increase defringe amount. But be care - it affects whole image.
Greetings from Russia!

duncanidaho25

Africashot:  Do you have global draw on?  I had some similar results on my 5d mark ii however when I turned global draw off all my shots cleared up.
5D2 |  VAF-5d2b | Komputerbay 64GB 1000x  | 14, 24, 35, 85 Samyang Lens Set  | 50, 180 Nikon | Marshall V-LCD51 | DigiFinder | 528s LED Amaran lights

exflyer

Is there a way to download DNG files directly from the camera to the computer?

ted ramasola

On a 5D mk2, Turning global draw on or off has no impact on color aliasing or moire as shown on res chart tests I did. Only way to remove/lessen it is by mosaic VAF filter.

taken from DNG files from burst mode. Nightly build version May 10.

Global draw off - no VAF filter

Global draw on - no VAF filter

Global draw on - with VAF filter
5DmkII  / 7D
www.ramasolaproductions.com
Texas

ifkey

Quote from: kgv5 on May 08, 2013, 09:14:51 AM

I think we now should find some good frame blending solution. I was testing LV_rec feature with different framerates (FPS override) on 6D (with sandisk extreme 64GB 45mbit/s)

LV_rec (single file, raw recording 1820x720p)
15 fps - 517 frames ~22 sec of movie at 24 fps

you can put in the Internet? 15 fps - 517 frames ~ 22 sec of movie at 24 fps

Primary

How can i use silent pics? I downloaded a nightly biuld, but i found only the 1100D-105.fir, there isn't for 5D2.
Where can i download?

Malcolm Debono

Quote from: Primary on May 12, 2013, 09:50:06 AM
How can i use silent pics? I downloaded a nightly biuld, but i found only the 1100D-105.fir, there isn't for 5D2.
Where can i download?

You need the 2.3 build for the nightly to work (i.e. use 2.3 build files and replace the files with the nightly)
Wedding & event cinematographer
C100 & 6D shooter
New here?  Check out the FAQs here!

Primary

squig

Kim.dh

Does the RAW silents work on a 550d yet? Thanks.

wolf

The last couple of days silent pics didn't work proper at all on a 550D, but I didn't try it out today.

dym

Is there any tutorial how to do timelipse using 14bit raw?

I have 5d2 and last stable version - should i turn on silent pics and intervalometer for exmple for few seconds and thats all or should i do something more? How to have/change resolution to 2040x1428?

Regards and great job :)

dlrpgmsvc

If you think it's impossible, you have lost beforehand

marekk

Is there a method to do it on 60D ?

OrhCh

Quote from: marekk on May 16, 2013, 11:40:56 PM
Is there a method to do it on 60D ?

I guess it is not implemented yet. At least in the last nightly build. I am interested in this function too.

3pointedit

dlrpgmsvc sure grab a nightly build (550D is supported) and turn on silent pic. Set dial to movie (forces liveview on) and half press shutter button. Get like 2 fps or so. Drawback is you must turn off global draw and don't use FPS override (my frames seem to be corrupted).
550D on ML-roids

dlrpgmsvc

Many thanks 3pointedit !

You, and all the people that have a 500D and a 550D, you can take a peek here ! --> http://www.magiclantern.fm/forum/index.php?topic=5446.75

just to contribute and stay on the bleeding edge of silent pics DNG RAW for 500d and 550d !
If you think it's impossible, you have lost beforehand

scrax

Added a pull request for the 600D, based on 1% fork.
It works on my 600D but not sure if all what I've added is needed and also here:

/*********************** Camera-specific constants ****************************/

/**
* LiveView raw buffer address
* To find it, call("lv_save_raw") and look for an EDMAC channel that becomes active (Debug menu)
**/

#if defined(CONFIG_5D2) || defined(CONFIG_600D)
#define RAW_LV_EDMAC 0xC0F04508
#endif

#if defined(CONFIG_500D) || defined(CONFIG_550D)
#define RAW_LV_EDMAC 0xC0F26008
#endif

#if defined(CONFIG_5D3) || defined(CONFIG_6D) || defined(CONFIG_650D) || defined(CONFIG_600D) || defined(CONFIG_60D) || defined(CONFIG_EOSM)
/* probably all new cameras use this address */
#define RAW_LV_EDMAC 0xC0F26208
#endif

What is the right edmac for 600D:
RAW_LV_EDMAC 0xC0F04508
RAW_LV_EDMAC 0xC0F26208

I've kept the second one since seems the one is using also TL and removed the first to avoid warning in compilation, but maybe someone else can assure me that it's right like this
I'm using ML2.3 for photography with:
EOS 600DML | EOS 400Dplus | EOS 5D MLbeta5- EF 100mm f/2.8 USM Macro  - EF-S 17-85mm f4-5.6 IS USM - EF 70-200mm f/4 L USM - 580EXII - OsX, PS, LR, RawTherapee, LightZone -no video experience-

1%

That was a bug.. same raw photo edmac as 5d2 but same LV edmac as all the other cameras.

bhursey

So here is my question. I can not seem to be able to be able to do it. So say I set silent picture. However I set say the shutter at 3 seconds. I noticed when I was trying to create blur it does not.?  I want to sorta be able to catch car streaks and stars if possible. To do this the exposure needs to be long.  Basically what are the limitations? I think I am out of luck because it pulls the image from the live view correct? And if live view can not see it then it will not work.

GregoryOfManhattan

note:
lv_rec not working on 50D

undefined errors on
DeleteMemorySuite
PackMem_StartEDmac

these are not in the platform/50D.109/stubs.S so the module will throw undefined errors when attempting to load

interest is on raw video - so i'm just letting the community know.

shuggyrasklat

has there been any updates, on the buffer aize, to get more pictures out od the silent burst mode, on the 5dmkii?  I'm getting 55, for the moment..

Marsu42

Quote from: a1ex on May 07, 2013, 07:08:58 PM
- A burst mode that only saves the best shots to the card. Works great on 5D3, but I doubt it will work well on 5D2. Try it e.g. on a dog running towards you, it should autodetect the focused shots.

Any experiences with "best shots" - I understand you only expect it to work on newer cameras like 5d3, what about digic4? It certainly does select some shots on my 60d, but I don't quite understand how the selection does it and if it really works reading about your doubts?

a1ex

On 60D I expect it to work quite well, because focus estimation updates quickly. It worked great on 5D3, I just move the focus ring back and forth a few times, and then it saves the sharpest pics only.

Post some samples.