14bit RAW DNG silent pics! (silent.mo)

Started by Francis, April 26, 2013, 03:47:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ch_d

Quote from: ted ramasola on April 30, 2013, 01:45:09 PM
How can I post dng's here?
I can zip them and email it to you.
just put them in the public dropbox folder and post the url here with the "url" tags
5D MII

trsaunders

Quote from: menoc on April 30, 2013, 04:59:36 AM
Wow . . . wait a minute, Would I be too presumptuous to assume that if this works on the 5D2, this may very well work on the 50D!? Remember, the advantage of the 50D is that it takes CF cards - including the 1000x and has less overhead without audio . . .

Please say it will, Please say it will, Please say it will . . .
raw pictures work for 50D, I posted an example earlier in the thread, but burst pictures will need CONFIG_FULL_EXMEM_SUPPORT for 50D, which isn't yet available. I started adding support for 50D in raw.c but I've not found time to work out the correct offsets etc yet, hopefully I'll manage that in the next few days (or someone will beat me to it!).
50D, 5D3

Turtlevanbry

For some reason my photos are 1880x1250 anyone know why?

I was able to get 54 DNG files in Jpeg mode on the 5DMK2 - Max I am able to get is 35 with Raw selected. 

Canon 5dmk2 - duracell 600x CF card

a1ex

I don't think any Canon engineers are following this thread. They know why ;)

squig

So do you think Canon could enable 1920x752 RAW 24p recording even if you guys don't quite get there? It's just a matter of compressing the DNGs now isn't it?

I don't mean to sound pessimistic, I reckon you guys are gonna nail it.

Primary

Could we record video with 24fps, but only 2-3 seconds?

coutts

Quote from: squig on April 30, 2013, 03:21:50 PM
So do you think Canon could enable 1920x752 RAW 24p recording even if you guys don't quite get there? It's just a matter of compressing the DNGs now isn't it?

I don't mean to sound pessimistic, I reckon you guys are gonna nail it.
the current bottleneck for everything is sd/cf card technology, cards aren't fast enough yet

DjJuvan

What about using RAID technology on 5dmk3 with CF and SD at the same time? It could give some boost.

1%

The only way out of the writing problem is to compress the frames to around 1MB. Canon doesn't need to follow the thread, they already made MJPEG on other cameras.

chauffeurdevan

Quote from: 1% on April 30, 2013, 05:43:30 PM
The only way out of the writing problem is to compress the frames to around 1MB. Canon doesn't need to follow the thread, they already made MJPEG on other cameras.

Just did a conversion to DNG Lossy using Adobe DNG Converter 7.4 and I got file size between 907k and 1136kb instead of 4965kb.

a1ex

Good luck doing that in camera ;)

1%

Can't make a module with TCC to do it or not enough processing power? Or maybe using the JPEG encoder? It should take both raw input and YUV since it does that for photos/eos utility preview.

*imo... that file size is enought to write continuously.

VlastaS

Quote from: a1ex on April 30, 2013, 06:24:45 PM
Good luck doing that in camera ;)

But could it be done in camera? Either to Lossy DNG or mjpeg. Do you think there is enough processing power?

menoc

Quote from: trsaunders on April 30, 2013, 02:10:27 PM
raw pictures work for 50D, I posted an example earlier in the thread, but burst pictures will need CONFIG_FULL_EXMEM_SUPPORT for 50D, which isn't yet available. I started adding support for 50D in raw.c but I've not found time to work out the correct offsets etc yet, hopefully I'll manage that in the next few days (or someone will beat me to it!).

Cheers! You guys rock!

g3gg0

Quote from: VlastaS on April 30, 2013, 07:37:16 PM
But could it be done in camera? Either to Lossy DNG or mjpeg. Do you think there is enough processing power?
not in real time at all
Help us with datasheets - Help us with register dumps
magic lantern: 1Magic9991E1eWbGvrsx186GovYCXFbppY, server expenses: [email protected]
ONLY donate for things we have done, not for things you expect!

woodybrando

Seems like the only way it could work for more than a second is maybe if it can be subsampled from 14bit to 8bit and sent out the HDMI. are either of those things possible?

g3gg0

short: nope, thats not possible.

but we implemented raw recording already.
see http://www.magiclantern.fm/forum/index.php?topic=5247.msg32533;topicseen#msg32533

its still experimental and not ready for release. but it will show you what is coming next.
magic lantern: 1Magic9991E1eWbGvrsx186GovYCXFbppY, server expenses: [email protected]

Rush

One of the possibilities of RAW - you can get rid of most color moire with Lightroom! :D
Greetings from Russia!

N.Mendes

i'm not sure if that has been said before but, with the new 5d3 firmware (which allow an official hdmi output), did you try to record raw? With an atamos ninja let's say to an "SSD" ...

DjJuvan

You're saying as if there is Atomos Ninja2 laying in everyone homes.... get a grip Ok?  ???

1%

g3gg0

deshaker for virtualdub is very good when the video is shaky :)

wolf

Thanks for sharing.
At 29 sec (second subway shot) there is a  change in exposure. Can you tell how this occurred?
And no more 99'er on wall street ;-)

1%

The expo change is from fps override. Yea.. I need to deshake (in ae or Vdub) and probably fix the black bars on some clips. Maybe I'll get longer ones from lverc now.

kgv5

Could you please tell us what camera is it and what memory card did you use? Film is made of about 2 seconds clips so ~50 frames per each fragment am i right?
www.pilotmovies.pl   5D Mark III, 6D, 550D