60D doesn't detect any sd card

Started by wildmojo, April 22, 2013, 11:28:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wildmojo

Hello everyone,
i hope someone can help me with my problem because i haven´t found a similar one in the forums. I installed ML 2.3 in my 3 sd cards and everything was working fine, but a day after a session the camera stopped  recognizing any sd card i inserted and the red light didn't flash at any time. I tried removing the battery, clear settings, change lenses but nothing works. I am not shore if the last time it was working and i removed the sd card i waited 5 seconds for the red light to go off and then remove the card.

Thank you for your help.

nanomad

Have you tried doing a low-level format of the card on the PC?
From here it looks like an hardware defect of the SD slot (3 cards all failing at the same time? Sounds improbable)
EOS 1100D | EOS 650 (No, I didn't forget the D) | Ye Olde Canon EF Lenses ('87): 50 f/1.8 - 28 f/2.8 - 70-210 f/4 | EF-S 18-55 f/3.5-5.6 | Metz 36 AF-5

Walter Schulz

Please correct me if I'm wrong:
After closing the slot cover the display (if camera is set to ON) will show "No card in camera" if the card is missing or the slot's card detection is not working any more. No red light will be flashed.

If this message is missing it is unlikely a slot problem. Maybe battery related.

EDIT: I have to correct myself. If the cover switch has gone the camera won't do anything visible: No display message, no flashing light.

Ciao, Walter

wildmojo

It  shows the message "No card in camera" after the card is inserted an the door closed. If no ideas come up in the next few day i better start thinking in taking it to canon support, and i still had 3 weeks before the guaranty expired but unfortunately after installing ML that´s gone so i will never know if it had anything to do with it. Thank you guys.

nanomad

EOS 1100D | EOS 650 (No, I didn't forget the D) | Ye Olde Canon EF Lenses ('87): 50 f/1.8 - 28 f/2.8 - 70-210 f/4 | EF-S 18-55 f/3.5-5.6 | Metz 36 AF-5

Walter Schulz

Send it to Canon's support. Sounds like the slot's CD switch in not working properly.

Ciao, Walter

wildmojo

Do you think that because its an hardware problem i will still be able to use the warranty or it's completely voided?

Walter Schulz

I think it has to do with my mother ...

SCNR.

Francis

Quote from: wildmojo on April 22, 2013, 05:24:43 PM
Do you think that because its an hardware problem i will still be able to use the warranty or it's completely voided?

No guarantees that your warranty hasn't been voided but it seems that a number of people have had positive experiences with Canon service after using ML. I would suggest not mentioning ML in case someone is looking for an excuse.

nanomad

Exactly. Let's say it's a don't ask don't tell situation