Cropmarks on hdtv on slideshow mode

Started by Cricchio, March 30, 2013, 02:48:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cricchio

I'm afraid I posted in the wrong place earlier on sorry about it
Hi guys I haven't seen or posted for long long time now, I should get back to see what's new about it. Anyway I was wondering about something very crucial for my work
I'm currently shooting my 2nd feature film in Ireland plus I do other things as documentary and promo videos and when I'm shooting for example a feature and the end of each dayfirst thing I do when I go home it's reviewing the footage on my hdtv and as I always use cropmarks especially 2:35 ratio I'love to have the option to start a slideshow with the right aspect ratio cropmarks.
Now I know that you can set cropmarks on playback but they only work on the camera as when you show it on an hdtv the cropmarks don't show up right, plus(assuming they were wroking on an hdtv) if you seat back on a tv you can't from playback mode step to the next clip as there is no remote for the canon5d2 so you should stand up and go to the next clip from the camear and so forth for every clip, that's why I think that option should be added to the slideshow mode and that would show correct marks covering the entire screen. Thanks I hope someone can help, that would make my life much easier...do you want to smile now  I always put masking tape on the tv to try to see it in the correct aspect ratio and the tape always falls after a while  please help me with this if you can

Cricchio

No one? :( If I could be able to implement it I would...

Francis

The liveview overlays are designed for the actual cameras screen. When using the HDMI output, the liveview buffer changes size so each liveview overlay would have to be refactored. The slideshow mode could maybe be written as a script.

Cricchio

So can anyone make that happen?? Could you do it Francis?? Strange enough that nobody would benefit from it tough