AFFrame countdown & Focus box hiding.

Started by 1%, April 20, 2013, 07:21:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

1%

I got most things on new 113 working with 6D.

I've noticed a slight problem with focus box auto-hide. When display filter is enabled the box never hides. Something keeps resetting the afframe countdown and calling afframe_set_dirty().

When filter is off the box auto hides but the spot meter keeps getting redrawn and hidden. I notice when the mem browser is up it slows down a bit.

Would this be the product of a missing const or stub? Any hints?

a1ex

On 5D3, the focus box gets hidden correctly when defishing is on. The spotmeter is fine. Maybe a video can help.

1%

http://youtu.be/RschgRDaQ-c

Is this clear enought? I can make another.

It keeps getting redrawn over and over and flickers.

a1ex

PROP_LV_AFFRAME fires every second?! (in shoot.c). That's what clears the spotmeter.

1%

My prop lv afframe is only 124 long... but not tripping assert.

If I comment everything out of the property handler it flickers less but still flickers... still doesn't erase with display filter.

1%

I just noticed it doesn't happen in photo mode! So what is different about movie mode?

a1ex

I guess Canon code triggers that property periodically in movie mode. That's just a hypothesis, you can check it (maybe by printing something from that prop handler).

1%

I don't think thats it. I put a notifybox on it and I don't see it except when switching modes, it only notifies once.

*Without overlay it will not flicker if the zoom box isn't over the spot meter.

1%

Solved a little... in 6D113 the state objects moved by +4... Did not notice. Flicker has stopped but box not hiding in movie mode at all.

Photo mode still fine.