Audio Problems with Magic Lantern 2.3 & 60D

Started by creativeblends, April 19, 2013, 01:11:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

topsturner

I have exactly the same problem as the OP, identical.  You can see my video I've posted to YouTube here -

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rGHUH1kGIX0

I'm going to post a new thread in the hope someone can help.  As it is, with or without ML installed now I either have low unuseable audio or extremely high hiss unuseable audio. 

I'll post the thread as 'Canon 60D Low Sound Issue All Mics' to tie-in with the YouTube video and other forums I'll be asking for help on.

All the best everyone.

tonydee

Did anyone find an answer to this?

I've just installed ML on my 60D and now using either the internal mic or and external the sound is very very low. Tried all the settings but no luck.

Any advise or tips would be really appreciated. Thanks!

Lumiére

Hi,
I use Tascam DR40 with my 60D (latest Oct. nightly installed). Just connect Tascam's line output to canon mike input. Tascam level set to 50db and ML audio analogue gain set to 17db, I get cristal clear sound on both Tascam and canon. If you are recording an interview in a room the Tascam built in mikes are enough, no other mike is needed. This probably will work with all digital recorders. Unfortunately all DSLR mike preamps are very weak, addition of an external device is necessary. I hope this may be some help.
Canon 60D, Tascam DR-40, Audio-Technica wireless/shotgun mikes, Adobe Production Premium CS6

ML canon 60d user

sorry i'm also just a total beginner and also not a native English speaker. Have made a lot of mistakes but also learned a lot. (i think..)

-Can anybody tell me what the right setting in ml, when using;

a lavelier or a super cardioid shotgun?

-so now i know it's best with a dslr to use a mic that can apply gain itself like the video mic pro from rode

instead of digital gain in the canon menu, you get soft sound unless you use the analog gain. And since that goes by steps of 10db, do i use the digital gain for finetuning?

-headphone output max is 6 db? So do people use something like a headphone with adjustabel volume level then? Because with 6db i barely hear anything... :( Not enough to tell if something causes interference...

would be great if anybody can answer, thanks!