Is there a "This is what ML can do" page?

Started by Marsu42, April 18, 2013, 09:25:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Marsu42

When telling people to check out ml I'm always wondering if there's a simple page that explains what ml can do for you (and the Canon fw cannot) with simple descriptions and sample videos and shots for the features.

When looking at the current website it's all about new ports, legal and tech considerations, a faq with lot of text, sample videos/shots but nothing to actually explain what the user did with ml and what the result was, or what usuability enhancements ml has over Canon. No, I'm not volunteering to add this to the site :-p but if anyone else has some spare time an "introduction" page would be a good idea.

nanomad

The slideshow in the home page is the closest thing we have  :-\
EOS 1100D | EOS 650 (No, I didn't forget the D) | Ye Olde Canon EF Lenses ('87): 50 f/1.8 - 28 f/2.8 - 70-210 f/4 | EF-S 18-55 f/3.5-5.6 | Metz 36 AF-5

l_d_allan

Sorry in advance if this post comes across as whining and/or unappreciative and/or grumbling. I am a HUGE FAN of ML.

I started watching the video, and was impressed that it was available, and the production qualities were fine.

• Like the OP, I also would like something like an "elevator pitch" to provide to people.  I'll be gushing about ML to people I encounter in local camera clubs, and it would be great to give them a TinyURL for them to check out further.
  • Often, "a picture is worth a thousand words", but not necessarily a video of someone doing a power-point presentation (aka "talking head")
  • Gosh, it was 42 minutes long. I say this to my shame, but I gave up after 3 minutes. Perhaps later in the presentation it became something other than a "talking head" video, but I'm too busy/lazy at the moment to watch the whole thing.
  • I kept thinking ... "darn, if there was a transcript of the presentation, along with the slides, I could probably get the gist of the presentation in five minutes or less".
  • Again, sorry for the grumbling.

ItsMeLenny

Quote from: nanomad on April 18, 2013, 09:40:48 AM
The slideshow in the home page is the closest thing we have  :-\

I do recall a long document somewhere that listed everything and which camera could do it...

Where it has gone I do not know?