What's your business here?

Started by clint, April 18, 2013, 03:54:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

clint

Your background and passions in life that have lead you here matter.  Some are members here because they enjoy coding, others enjoy photography, others enjoy tech in general.  Some are professionals in fields related to photography or where photography is a skill set used daily, others are amateurs who love photography and the digital advancements made in the dslr field or some might be trying to build a dev. portfolio and using ML as an open source project to gain knowledge and experience through. 

Either way, I'd be interested in hearing your connection to photography, background and reason for being part of the ML community.

I see people make statements that I think of as shortsighted, but if I look at it from a different point of view,I get a better understanding of why someone perhaps has a different value for a feature in ML than myself.  I thought this thread might help everyone get a better understanding for each other as well.

I'll start:  Profossional photographer on the weekends, shooting 8-9 years.
professional Background: compositing & 3D VFX
Reason for joining magic lantern community:  Wanted to assist in feature requests that are relevant for post work.  Also enjoy getting the most out of my camera and moving beyond old limitations.

nanomad

Software engineer for a living, although in a completely different field lately (mostly financial stuff, but I take whatever it comes)

My background is in robotics and computer imaging (object recognition, sensor fusion and stuff like that). I also have a passion for dismantling and re-programming stuff...and when my dad bought a 1100D joining the ML community was the next logical step (since the port was on hold)

I do enjoy shooting, but I'm not really that good at it :P
EOS 1100D | EOS 650 (No, I didn't forget the D) | Ye Olde Canon EF Lenses ('87): 50 f/1.8 - 28 f/2.8 - 70-210 f/4 | EF-S 18-55 f/3.5-5.6 | Metz 36 AF-5

coutts

Joined ML about 2 years ago when I had 500d. I have a background in programming (moreso, interest in it because i didn't know much before ML). I am a photographer on weekends like you, but I shoot electronic concerts / night life.

Other than ML, i enjoy working on cars and cooking. cool thread :)

N/A

Got pretty big into music back in high school, mainly writing, producing and engineering. Put together our own professional home studio with a good buddy, then got interested in the graphics side of it.

Bought a T3i a couple years ago, and here I am today. So in the past 8 years since high school, I've taught myself music production, recording, mixing, mastering, as well as videography and video editing, and some photography and cinematography basics as well.

Now I do engineering and music videos for artists, but only as a side job. Not quite in the right area to do it full time, unfortunately.

Currently working on building a knowledge of screenplay and script writing, so hopefully I can get into filmmaking one day as well.
7D. 600D. Rokinon 35 cine. Sigma 30 1.4
Audio and video recording/production, Random Photography
Want to help with the latest development but don't know how to compile?