60D - creating new ML disk?

Started by hoosierkt, April 14, 2013, 04:30:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hoosierkt

Been using ML on a 32G Patriot Class 10 SDHC card to successfully auto-start recording past the set limited recording time on my Canon 60D.   Everything works perfectly!   Love this feature so much.   Now I wanted to add a second disk.   I first tried a 32G Polaroid Class 10 SDHC.  Using the instructions at http://wiki.magiclantern.fm/install.  No worky.   I can use the new card as a regularly formatted disk, but it's not recognizing ML.   I've tried reformatting it, copying from several sources, redownloading the original source files.   Soooo... then I got another 32G Patriot Class 10, just like my old one.   No worky either.    I assume I'm not doing something right.   Using ML V2.3.  60D Firmware is V1.1.0.   Again, works fine on my original disk...   Can anyone point me to anything else to try?   Thanks.   Kevin

nanomad

Have you tried re-installing ML from scratch on the new card? (Like you did your first time)
EOS 1100D | EOS 650 (No, I didn't forget the D) | Ye Olde Canon EF Lenses ('87): 50 f/1.8 - 28 f/2.8 - 70-210 f/4 | EF-S 18-55 f/3.5-5.6 | Metz 36 AF-5

Johng

Hi,
I have about 6 or 8 16GB sand disk 45Mbs cards and 2 32 sandisk 45mbs cards. I have found that I have to install each ML software like it is the very first time performing the install. Start at step #1 and continue on making sure you do not miss a step. I tried just copping the ML files over thinking that would do it being a second card but did not work. The only thing that did work every time was starting from scratch with each card.

I believe that the above should work since you stated that the new cards are the exact same cards, specs etc.
I started by formatting the cards in my camera, etc. I found this procedure easier than using a boot disk utility on my PC. You even have to perform the step that updates the firmware and loads ML on the camera as one of the steps. Remember: I am not talking about the Canon firmware update but the step to select the update firmware option in the camera that loads the ML software into the camera's memory.

John Gerard