Video import in Lightroom

Started by teo770, April 09, 2013, 06:25:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

teo770

Thanks to ML, we know have a log file to log ISO, shutter speed...etc of taken movies.

- Does someone know how, when importing photos and movies in lightroom, we could get the .log files too ?
It's sometimes useful to read them later after.

- Anyone has found a (idealy free !!!) lightroom or premiere CS6 plugin to correct lens distortion in movies ?

Thanks all
My gear: CANON 6D / 40mm f2.8 STM / 20mm f2.8 / 24-105 f4 IS / Flash 90EX / Grip BG-E13

1%

I tried lightroom video functionality on like 4.x... it was POOOOOOOR. Has it gotten better?

have always just used AE

coutts

It's never been fast enough on my computer, the exporting takes literally HOURS for short clips.

I like that you can edit video the same way you'd edit photos (just copy/paste settings like curves, sharpening, white balance, etc) but that exporting just takes forever.

1%

When I tried it only let me change a few settings not correct video like photos. Will have to try again. Correcting in LR is easier than in PS/AE

teo770

Sure, in LR, allowed corrections are basic (i always use Premiere), but when importing pics/videos from your SD, i like the way LR manage them. Perhaps somewhere some1 wrote an import pluggin for LR wich allow non pic/video files to be imported too. I've googled for a while... noop..

The lens correction is mostly for Premiere but would be cool to apply LR lens corrections to our videos !
LR already knows so much lens...

My gear: CANON 6D / 40mm f2.8 STM / 20mm f2.8 / 24-105 f4 IS / Flash 90EX / Grip BG-E13

coutts

Quote from: 1% on April 09, 2013, 09:20:12 PM
When I tried it only let me change a few settings not correct video like photos. Will have to try again. Correcting in LR is easier than in PS/AE
extract a frame from the clip, put the frame into develop module, change your settings like any other pic, then copy/paste the develop settings to the video clip. You can't load a video clip into the develop module but you can paste settings to them.

1%

Oh man, that is so backwards. I guess it will work in a pinch. If I have to save frames, might as well do AE

coutts

Quote from: 1% on April 09, 2013, 10:45:31 PM
Oh man, that is so backwards. I guess it will work in a pinch. If I have to save frames, might as well do AE
it's pretty easy to extract a frame, you just click the extract button when viewing a clip in library mode ;) puts a jpeg right in the library next to the video clip