Author Topic: 550d/t2i general card question  (Read 2118 times)

metalvinny

• New to the forum
550d/t2i general card question
« on: May 07, 2013, 05:40:55 PM »
I haven't yet installed magic lantern - still reading up on everything. I'm very computer literate and I've been using my camera for over a year, so I'm confident that I can handle ML's features. I'm a bit gunshy about taking the risk, and I just have one more question to which I can't quite find a definitive answer: I generally roll out to shoots with a 32gb main card with two 16gb cards in reserve. Can I insert those potentially non-ML cards into my camera without issue? Or do I have to install ML on them as well? How exactly does that work, does the standard Canon OS simply load instead? Any clarification here (or links to topics where this was answered) would be much appreciated.

I do a ton of live concert work, so the live zebras, etc. I'm very much looking forward to!

deletedAcc.0021

• 600d x 4
Re: 550d/t2i general card question
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2013, 07:27:27 PM »
Just install ML on the cards you want to use with ML ... all others will just boot into the Canon menus.

If your worried about problems ... read my other post here ... http://www.magiclantern.fm/forum/index.php?topic=5043.0

I was skeptical too ... not anymore

metalvinny

• New to the forum
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2013, 07:41:33 PM »
Sounds fantastic. Thanks - really appreciate the link and response!

metalvinny

• New to the forum
« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2013, 02:27:58 AM »
Install = successful! Looking forward to contributing to the excellent community here!