550d/t2i general card question

Started by metalvinny, May 07, 2013, 05:40:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

metalvinny

I haven't yet installed magic lantern - still reading up on everything. I'm very computer literate and I've been using my camera for over a year, so I'm confident that I can handle ML's features. I'm a bit gunshy about taking the risk, and I just have one more question to which I can't quite find a definitive answer: I generally roll out to shoots with a 32gb main card with two 16gb cards in reserve. Can I insert those potentially non-ML cards into my camera without issue? Or do I have to install ML on them as well? How exactly does that work, does the standard Canon OS simply load instead? Any clarification here (or links to topics where this was answered) would be much appreciated.

I do a ton of live concert work, so the live zebras, etc. I'm very much looking forward to!

deletedAcc.0021

Just install ML on the cards you want to use with ML ... all others will just boot into the Canon menus.

If your worried about problems ... read my other post here ... http://www.magiclantern.fm/forum/index.php?topic=5043.0

I was skeptical too ... not anymore

metalvinny

Sounds fantastic. Thanks - really appreciate the link and response!

metalvinny

Install = successful! Looking forward to contributing to the excellent community here!