[WONTFIX] Allow Overlay LV functions (or a part) while Canon INFO are present

Started by Mario81, April 05, 2013, 03:08:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mario81

Canon 600D, ML ver 2.3

My request is to permit Focus Peak and Magic zoom (and others consistent function) while Canon INFO are present
(if possible at least 2nd info mode, only Canon bottom bar).
I understand that the current info are small for be better fit in video mode screen, but the canon Info are faster to refresh the change of parameters, and the missing of horizontal exposure meter, IMO is not a good thing.

If the user is interested to know the real ISO, Focal distance and Focus distance can use the ML info bar

I hope that is be possible, please don't tell me NO :-P

Mario

a1ex

Fighting with the Canon overlays (to avoid redraw issues) is hard, I gave up.

Mario81

IMO it is not necessary fighting with the Canon overlays, I would like use them.
Why not try? Currently there are some conflict of visualization, for example in HalfShutter.

Maybe I am not be explained very well, I mean that should possible use ML without own info overlay but only with Canon basic function.

I am a tester (FW and SW) for a electronic company, if will be added this function, I give my contribute to search any possible inconsistent.
Never give up.

Regards

a1ex

Feel free to grab the source code and implement this. I've tried for almost two years and could not come up with a clean solution to avoid drawing conflicts.