Firmware 7.7.7 8A.7C.4D

Started by moncaino, March 30, 2013, 11:26:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

moncaino

This is my first topic and I start with a question
I think than there are great gurus in this forum, and I have a doubt.
I bought a second hand 7d several weeks ago. It has had a professional use, and the before owner said it has 145000 shooting.
Machine look is perfect, but I can't copy the pictures with the USB connect. The machine open in my computer @Canon EOS Factory Connect@. Who is my surprise that I have the firmware 7.7.7 8A.7C.4D, and there is a new menu call @Factory Menu@ with several test.
I think than the Factory Menu is a Canon Official Program to check and repair the machine.
I know than is posible to update the firmware since the CF but I don't know than is posible to save a copy of the Factory menu in my CF
To the other side, I don't know if I have possibility to do anything interesting with this firmware.

thanks for all

Francis

Don't update your firmware. One of the developers might be able to guide you through 'dumping' that firmware. It might shed some light.

g3gg0

can you keep that firmware version for some days?
i am thinking about how to read out the old firmware. (there are a few methods)
Help us with datasheets - Help us with register dumps
magic lantern: 1Magic9991E1eWbGvrsx186GovYCXFbppY, server expenses: [email protected]
ONLY donate for things we have done, not for things you expect!

Indy

Yes, it is interesting to dump this firmware. This version numbering looks like the internal version number

moncaino

I haven´t any problem to wait a few weeks. I can do a relatively normal use.
I would like to someone might take advantage of the situation. I don´t know what to do with this firmware.

1%

Dump it and send to indy, i wouldn't mind it either as I want to see where flush rate is set on 7D.

I guess they do have internal versions....