Aurora 2013 with ML on my 7D

Started by Chrigu, March 25, 2013, 04:45:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chrigu

This is my newest Northern light video from Norway (8 to 19. February 2013). This time around we were near Alta in Finnmark. There we had a cabin in Kviby from which we started our day trips. In those days we had a lot of aurora activity. It is always fascinating to see these dancing lights, even better if you can share it with someone you love.

The temperature wasn't as cold then last year. Normally it was around -10°C (14F). Only for one shot it was -25°C (-13F) and again I had a frozen lens... like every year...

Some shots were made with my Canon 7D and Magic Lantern on it.

Music by
Jonathan Geer
He created it especially for this video.

g3gg0

hi,

this is a real impressive work. nice!
Help us with datasheets - Help us with register dumps
magic lantern: 1Magic9991E1eWbGvrsx186GovYCXFbppY, server expenses: [email protected]
ONLY donate for things we have done, not for things you expect!

Betelgeuza

when i see movies like this i want grab camera and .. :( none auroras here :/ .. i love your vid .. its like realy nature ..

ricku

Awesome video man! Thanks for sharing.

I really gotta visit Iceland or Norway some day.

yerbabie27

Very nice,

Do you shot it in camera with adjusted fps in liveview, or timelapse and combine / process in post? I'm looking to shoot the aurora australis later in the year. I was hoping ML can do the same tick the D600/800 does and combines the long exposures in camera. If I have to shoot stills I'll have to get some bigger cards.....

cheers,

k1uhf

Inspiring and amazing!  I had to join this forum just to tell you what great work you have done.  I am just starting to learn to do astrophotography but now I see that I should try to do some time lapse skies also.

I am curious how you pan while doing time lapse, I assume some motorized tripod??

BTW the music was great too!

spark802

550D

Emil

Very nice! Must have watched it like 4-5 times already.
600D - [50mm F1.4] -[28mm F1.8]