[IMPOSSIBLE] "Video ‘stills burst’ mode 30/60 fps" like on 7d2

Started by Marsu42, March 28, 2013, 12:41:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Marsu42

The 7d2 is rumored to be able to capture video frames as stills, further specs unknown (see http://www.canonrumors.com/2013/03/eos-7d-mark-ii-test-camera-cr1) ... is it possible to implement something like this on older cameras, i.e. shoot jpeg "silent pictures" out of lv until the buffer overflows?

ozcancelik

I guess they need a firmware. There is no camera, no firmware and it's just a rumor.

Nikon V1 already has this feature. It has some limitation(1 sec record). But I hope it gives an idea to record 1080p raw.

1%

Sounds like silent pics to me. Nobody said anything about 60fps yet... .I think they just copied until I see something impressive.

Maybe at best I got LV up to 38fps ... the encoder can't encode that (~36 starts jerking). Uncompressed is too big to write, jpeg would give us mjpeg: is on the agenda.

The sensor is read differently for a real still... I don't know what would happen if you were to open the shutter and read it line by line. I know you wouldn't get anywhere near 30fps but might be interesting... I think a1ex looked into something like that but I never heard much beyond the "how does the camera take a pic" thread.

g3gg0

this is the reason why it is limited to 1 second on nikons.
recording images until RAM is full.
Help us with datasheets - Help us with register dumps
magic lantern: 1Magic9991E1eWbGvrsx186GovYCXFbppY, server expenses: [email protected]
ONLY donate for things we have done, not for things you expect!