[ALREADY DONE] 5D3 override FPS feature for timelapse

Started by noratio, March 24, 2013, 04:31:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

noratio

Just sold my 60D to buy a 5D Mark III and installed ML and realize that no FPS override is in there.  Anyway to have have this in an upcoming version?  With zebra overlay it's the most attractive feature of ML... Also follow focus..

Thanks

1%

Its being worked on... but good FPS on digic V is difficult... hard not to get noise lines or dark noise. Both this and follow focus work on 6D... should work on 5d3 just not in the alpha.

a1ex

Here's a sample of the noise lines:

At 2-3 fps it works fine, you can already try it, there are some experimental binaries in the 5D3 thread.

1%

Looks just like mine.

There is a fine line between getting dark noise, noise lines and good image.

Also experienced defects using digic high shutter speeds + fps override.Image turns dark and green just like messing with the digic registers I found. Have to reset with play mode when it happens.

noratio

Ok, so it's not imposssible, but for now hard to get it working like the 60D.

Should I buy another 60D or shoud I wait?  For sure I am keeping the 5D3 it's just too amazing.  I am just not ready to start using shutter to do a timelapse on this baby. 

The best thing I can do is donate as I only have basic code skills and will never be able to do anything like you do.  It's remarkable, but I have to say now that it's hard to live without ML installed.

Well good luck with that and wish you guys figured out how to fix the black lines.

Thanks and will come back here often to read abou on this tread.