tamron 17-50 2.8 vc for rack focus

Started by xerman, March 13, 2013, 12:26:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

xerman

Hi! This is my first message on the forum.
I have been searching before posting this question, no results so far.

I have the chance to buy a cheap tamron 17-50 2.8 vc for my 550D, and I wonder if the Focus Racking works well with this lens.

Anyone has experience using it?

Regards!!

Xermán

Francis

I don't have this lens but based on the review of it on photozone.de I just read, probably not great. They say it has a short focus path, which in my opinion will probably equate to inconsistent/unrepeatable racks. I could be wrong though. You could always try to find a local retailer who might let you try the lens before buying or another photographer in your area who has it.

Betelgeuza

Quote from: xerman on March 13, 2013, 12:26:27 PM
Hi! This is my first message on the forum.
I have been searching before posting this question, no results so far.

I have the chance to buy a cheap tamron 17-50 2.8 vc for my 550D, and I wonder if the Focus Racking works well with this lens.

Anyone has experience using it?

Regards!!

Xermán

alsow u can  have problem like impossible to  sharp long distance objects with  some older lenses and adapters..
cus u adding adapter and it change focus lenght ..this happend with some lenses when u adding adapters..

some person sugest for me look in to  lenses with :

M42 mounth
Olympus OM
Nikon F

all they are old lenses but like i was informed  when i add adapter  to my T3i (D600) i will not have problem with Focus Length  when i use lens with one of that mounth..

im not only sure how it looks with short lens..i was talk in that day about 300mm prime lens ,, maybe this problem about focus lenght not existe with  small lenses

Edit :
i know u got another camera but u can ask for this when u be ready to buy one older lens + adapter