[SOLVED] 550d Seems dead!!

Started by ferriscat, March 10, 2013, 02:21:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ferriscat

Hi All

I have been using magic lantern for the last year or so, i thought it was time to upgrade to the newest version, I tried to format the card in the camera as it says in the manual , all it did was format the card and restore ml.. so in my wisdom I took the card out and into the pc card reader, I cut the files from the card and pasted them into a new folder.. i did this so i could put the card back in then format it in the camera, big mistake!!!  i put the card back in and then nothing, then camera is dead wont turn on with a card in or without a card in!!  ive taken the battery out several times and put it back in, i have taken the lens off and on, i have tried turning it on it all modes, still nothing,

anyone any advise ? or have i broke it beyond repair?

thanks

ferriscat

I have tried the blink test and got nothing  :'(    only had it 2 years how long does Canon warranty last?

ferriscat

And as if by magic it works again... i used this link http://pel.hu/eoscard/  and it formatted the card again and now its all working.. il be honest shit myself a bit there, i need this camera..

thanks anyway

g3gg0

i guess you removed autoexec.bin and didnt take out the battery before powering on without card.
Help us with datasheets - Help us with register dumps
magic lantern: 1Magic9991E1eWbGvrsx186GovYCXFbppY, server expenses: [email protected]
ONLY donate for things we have done, not for things you expect!

vinski

Thanks for posting your answer! Same thing just happened to me. Scary!