[WONTFIX] HDR processing after shooting

Started by nivong, March 01, 2013, 04:37:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nivong

I use ML for some time now (nightly) on my canon 550d and I was wondering if there is any option to process the HDR photos on the spot like the 5D3 can do?

dexMilano

Also 650 does it.
IMHO I prefer to do it on PC so I can control some parameters and see on a decent screen the results.
In any case I follow the tread.

Francis

There is an exposure fusion preview mode, so you can preview HDR exposures but there is never going to be in camera HDR added via ML.

nivong

Didn't knew the 650d had the same capabilities.

I second your second thoughts but for the shooting I do I sometimes need 'post'-processing on the spot!

And Francis, why is that?
And where to find this 'fusion' previewmode?

1%

The in camera HDR sucks, its jpeg only. I guess in a pinch for pics you don't care about it works "good enough".

Francis

Limited development resources, more important features to work on, multiple cameras not yet in stable versions, easy to do in post, would never be able to be done well, and a number of other reasons. It has been explained more thoroughly on probably a dozen other feature request threads.

Also limited camera resources. I don't think you would have much luck processing a 3+ exposure 18mp HDR image on a 400mz desktop computer with less than 5mb of free memory. Honestly the models that have the feature built in from Canon do a pretty terrible job at it as is, particularly with the alignment part of the process.

For info exposure fusion preview, read this section of the user guide.

nivong