SD/CF Card ID

Started by NedB, February 26, 2013, 12:13:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NedB

It might be nice to know with which SD/CF card I am currently shooting, without having to A) Turn off the camera and B) take the card out to look at the label. What about displaying this somewhere on the GUI? I have my cards numbered N001, N002, etc. Could we see this somewhere in the GUI, perhaps with a "card" icon?

There could be a very small (read-only?) text file on each card which ML could read to get the "N001" (or whatever) label.

Good idea?

NedB
550D - Kit Lens | EF 50mm f/1.8 | Zacuto Z-Finder Pro 2.5x | SanDisk ExtremePro 95mb/s | Tascam DR-100MkII

Pelican

Quote from: NedB on February 26, 2013, 12:13:23 PM
It might be nice to know with which SD/CF card I am currently shooting, without having to A) Turn off the camera and B) take the card out to look at the label. What about displaying this somewhere on the GUI? I have my cards numbered N001, N002, etc. Could we see this somewhere in the GUI, perhaps with a "card" icon?

There could be a very small (read-only?) text file on each card which ML could read to get the "N001" (or whatever) label.

Good idea?

NedB
With the new flexinfo system, you can display the card label, the card maker and the card model info.
EOS 7D Mark II, EOS 7D, EOS 5, EOS 100 + lenses (10mm to 300mm), 600EX, 550EX, YN600EX x 3
EOScard, EOS DSLR firmwares, ARMu, NiControl, etc.: http://pel.hu/down

NedB

Pelican: thank you for your reply. I wish I understood what you meant! Is this a menu item in ML or were you being cryptic? Is this a planned future item ("the new flexinfo system") or...what?

In any case, thank you for your quick response!

NedB
550D - Kit Lens | EF 50mm f/1.8 | Zacuto Z-Finder Pro 2.5x | SanDisk ExtremePro 95mb/s | Tascam DR-100MkII

Pelican

EOS 7D Mark II, EOS 7D, EOS 5, EOS 100 + lenses (10mm to 300mm), 600EX, 550EX, YN600EX x 3
EOScard, EOS DSLR firmwares, ARMu, NiControl, etc.: http://pel.hu/down