Keeping the grid, frame rate shutter speed question 600D

Started by milad, February 20, 2013, 01:53:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

milad

HI

I would be more than happy that if someone would help me. I got few questions:
(I have Canon 600D)

1. when I start recording movie, my grid on the screen disappears, how can I keep it?
2. is there 24 fps available? cause ML writes 23.976
3. is the shutter speed 1/48 available in ML? cause the nearest one that I found is 1/46.9  183'

I know my questions are so banal, I'm just starting out. but I would appreciate if you could help me.

Thank you very much.

Milad

Francis

1) Use cropmarks, make sure they are set to stay on while recording.
2) 24.00 is possible on some models (maybe all?) using FPS override. You will not be able to record audio though (or if you can it will be out of sync)
3) No. It isn't available on the Canons without ML either. It is just displayed rounded from 1/46.9. ML shows a more accurate timer value for shutter speeds.

milad

Francis thanks for answering.

but honestly I didn't understand the solution for my 1st problem...
why crop marks? cause I mean 2x3 grid, which is something else... and I did not understand how one could make sure the cropmarks are left on...cause just now I added cinesco2, and also this disappears when I hit the record...
I hope I could fix this. it's so annoying...

respect
Milad

Francis

I could be mistaken but I thought it was possible to leave crop marks on while recording. There are some user made cropmarks out there, probably with the grid

kihlbahkt

As you stated the 2x3 grid disappears during rec, the cropmark will stay on during rec by default, in v2.3. So to solve the problem a cropmark is needed. The best one for your purpose in my opinion is the CRSSMTR2 cropmark. Turn off grid in Canon MENU and use cropmark for framing.

Then there is custom cropmarks. I have not made any or even tried so i cant comment on the process for custom cropmarks.
600D x2

milad

Thanks for the input so far.

any comments on making copmarks?