Shooting Stars!!! ...a startrail

Started by babarasghar, February 19, 2013, 12:33:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

babarasghar

Saw few amazing star trails of David Kingham and Weerapong Chaipuck and i had my old star trails raw pictures ... it is a merge of 60 x pictures each 30 sec exposure shot at ISO 3200 in Skardu. The lights in the foreground are of Shangrilla Resort in Skardu with some portion of Kachura Lake also visible.

Thanks to Hakka69 and Weerapong Chaipuck's "Bromo before sunrise" for inspiring me ... and David Kingham for and excellent tutorial and A1ex and team for making magic lantern ...

Comets Shower 2.0 by Babar.Asghar, on Flickr

Travis

It looks like it's raining stars at night!
I really like the way you framed the sky between the mountains and the water/resort lights lead your eyes back up into the frame in how the roofs are pointed.
Great image!
Current Toys:
Canon 6d : 5d2 : T4i, T3i : 16-35mm 2.8f L : 50mm 1.4f : 85mm 1.8f : 70-200mm 2.8f IS L : Cinevate Atlas 10 : Manfrotto Fluid Heads/Tripods : 4ft Jib : Steadicam Merlin : etc...
Full time producer at a video production company in Minneapolis MN: http://www.providfilms.com

BartL

The light from below is a bit distracting, was it intended?
Maybe you could have taken another shot afterwards with short exposure and combine the two (or 61).
The startrail looks beautiful though.