[DONE] Beep after bracket/intervalometer

Started by Marsu42, February 17, 2013, 09:54:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Marsu42

I just acquired this new 10 stop nd filter and am doing nighttime brackets for hdr/exposure fusion. Each bracket takes up to 5 minutes, even longer if doing consecutive brackets with intervalometer. Instead of staring on the camera display to show the last shot it would be mighty useful to let the camera beep after the procedure is done so I could leisurely stand next to the camera and look at the scenery. I wanted to implement this simple feature for ages but never came around to it, so I'm posting a feature request (for now). 

Menu suggestion: Shoot -> Shoot Preferences -> Beep when done [after bracket, intervalometer or intervalometer+bracket]

scrax

Now you can script it. Have you tried?

BTW: I really want to know what's the advantage of doing night shoots with a 10 stop nd filter, I believe you know your way and that it's time for me to take notes Got it, from your other post  ;)
I'm using ML2.3 for photography with:
EOS 600DML | EOS 400Dplus | EOS 5D MLbeta5- EF 100mm f/2.8 USM Macro  - EF-S 17-85mm f4-5.6 IS USM - EF 70-200mm f/4 L USM - 580EXII - OsX, PS, LR, RawTherapee, LightZone -no video experience-

Marsu42

Quote from: scrax on February 18, 2013, 02:05:30 AM

No, though I have picoc running but don't have the faintest idea how to do it :-o ... though I still think this is a useful though very llittle and code-economic addition so it deserves ending up in "Shoot Preferences" for all users.

Marsu42

Quote from: scrax on February 18, 2013, 02:05:30 AM

I don't know how to trigger bracket/intervalometer with picoc but asked here for help: http://www.magiclantern.fm/forum/index.php?topic=4622.new#new - I'm marking this as solved.