Fun Toys Stop-Motion

Started by Malex, February 15, 2013, 01:53:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Malex

Hi all, here is my first stop motion video that I did after I received my first dolly for my T2i. I edited with Premiere and made some special effects with After Effects and Softimage.

Intervallometer + peaking + wavefrom + White balance was useful for that little project, thanx Magic Lantern!
It was fun to do but not easy to shoot!!

I made this video for fun, what's going on in it doesn't make sense, I just took out some toys out of a box, put them on my couch and improvised something up with a them.

Leave your critics and comments if you got some :)

Betelgeuza

i like how you making to new `scene` by focusing background ..objects are in move and u jumping to new sytuation by focusing background ..nice stuff u got here

dexMilano

Francis

Very nice! A fun exercise and test of some new gear. Not everything has to be serious :)

Travis

Holy crud! You've got some mad skills. Nice use of special effects, DOF, timelapse and special effects. Did you shoot it all in that shallow DOF or did you blur things in post?

(I watched it 3 times  :P  )
Current Toys:
Canon 6d : 5d2 : T4i, T3i : 16-35mm 2.8f L : 50mm 1.4f : 85mm 1.8f : 70-200mm 2.8f IS L : Cinevate Atlas 10 : Manfrotto Fluid Heads/Tripods : 4ft Jib : Steadicam Merlin : etc...
Full time producer at a video production company in Minneapolis MN: http://www.providfilms.com

MitchMartinez

good job!  very enjoyable.

Malex

Hi, thank you all for you cool compliments on my video, I must have forgot to check notification on reply, I thaught I got no comments until now.

Quote from: Travis on March 01, 2013, 07:12:15 AMDid you shoot it all in that shallow DOF or did you blur things in post?
I used a motorized dolly and set it up to go slow, and I set the t2i on intervallometer 1 picture every 10sec, in between each shot I had to move the toys, and focus the lens  little by little (Canon 50mm @f1.8 ), it was not easy, I started over 5 times, because my hands was in the shot, or because I hit the dolly and moved it by accident.
When I got it right, it took 2h30.