my 50d's battery drains fast even if i'm not using it

Started by tujean88, February 10, 2013, 04:20:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tujean88

my 50d's battery drains fast even if i'm not using it whhen I installed ML just recently
thanks

Francis

So the battery is running down while it is turned off? Sounds like an incomplete shutdown problem.

Read this article of suggested practices when using Magic Lantern. Particularly the section about not removing the card too quickly. That is almost definitely your problem.

dkupers

Almost the same here (ML2.3, EOS 50D), but only when using ML (not when the camera is off).

The camera gets hot on the left-lower side and the batteries (2 batteries in the Canon Grip) drain down very fast.

No draining when turning off the camera. But then, I've not removed the card.

jamesvd

I just installed ML. I too am experiencing battery drain but only while recording video. Is there a way to fine tune battery consumption?

a1ex

nanomad

We tested battery consumption and didn't find anything wrong, beside people using LV more often
EOS 1100D | EOS 650 (No, I didn't forget the D) | Ye Olde Canon EF Lenses ('87): 50 f/1.8 - 28 f/2.8 - 70-210 f/4 | EF-S 18-55 f/3.5-5.6 | Metz 36 AF-5

elinjia

i met the same issue on 5D2. if the CF card is REMOVE, battery loses power quite rapidly even power is OFF.

Would you pleas run a test on this scenario?

a1ex

KSphoto

So, if I'm having the same problem with my 5d2 because I may have been hasty in removing the card, is the solution sending it in to get reflashed?
5DC, 5D2, 5D3, EOS M, too many lenses.

nanomad

It has nothing to do with reflashing, just don't pull the card that fast. Count to 10 before pulling it out
EOS 1100D | EOS 650 (No, I didn't forget the D) | Ye Olde Canon EF Lenses ('87): 50 f/1.8 - 28 f/2.8 - 70-210 f/4 | EF-S 18-55 f/3.5-5.6 | Metz 36 AF-5