Watchdog to revert to a "safe" setup after the camera has been idle for a while

Started by MoonCactus, February 10, 2013, 11:53:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MoonCactus

I would love to have a standard or custom setup be used as an automatic fallback after my camera is idle for a while.
Eg. I hate shooting F2.8 ISO6400 on a morning following a late night, or gets badly exposed pics because of an unfinished bracketing mode after 3 minutes...

Ie. think of it as a "temporary setting" timer, that sets the camera back to something more usual after it is idle for a while. Probably speed, ISO, and may be exposure shift if it really needs to be simple. On the opposite it would be multiple user-configurable timers that each fall back on different configurations (would be hell to configure though), eg. one short-lived for HDR, one long-lived for ISO and speed.

Cheers - amazing work that fixed most of my needs already :)

g3gg0

good idea.
although i would make it "per-session" as i sometimes shoot 12800 to test smth
and a hour later i want to make "snapshot" photos in P and forget to turn ISO down again.

after power-off -> revert to some default settings.
Help us with datasheets - Help us with register dumps
magic lantern: 1Magic9991E1eWbGvrsx186GovYCXFbppY, server expenses: [email protected]
ONLY donate for things we have done, not for things you expect!

MoonCactus

So true,  every camera owner I know of stumbled upon it!

The issue with me is that I do not switch my camera off that frequently, so the "end of session" would happen rarely. I cannot think better than an idle-based timer may be the only solution to this... May be a huge blinking something somewhere to warn me I am running an unusual setup, but this is probably quite intrusive.

scrax

Quote from: g3gg0 on February 10, 2013, 12:54:35 PM
good idea.
although i would make it "per-session" as i sometimes shoot 12800 to test smth
and a hour later i want to make "snapshot" photos in P and forget to turn ISO down again.

after power-off -> revert to some default settings.
My pull request already does this: it loads c-1 at startup if enabled
check it since i suppose it's really a dirty part of code but it worked :D
I'm using ML2.3 for photography with:
EOS 600DML | EOS 400Dplus | EOS 5D MLbeta5- EF 100mm f/2.8 USM Macro  - EF-S 17-85mm f4-5.6 IS USM - EF 70-200mm f/4 L USM - 580EXII - OsX, PS, LR, RawTherapee, LightZone -no video experience-