[WONTFIX] Reodering or other order of items in "My Menu"

Started by Marsu42, February 09, 2013, 02:05:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Marsu42

This is obvious and most probably left out because of time constraints - but it woudl be nice if there would be an option to re-order the items in the ml "My Menu" just like in the Canon one.

Otherwise great work, I'm very happy with this feature - now all we need is quick button access to features like scrax is developing, and it'll be a major usability improvement!

a1ex

This would break the current (relative) simplicity, so I don't have any intention of implementing it.

Marsu42

Quote from: a1ex on February 10, 2013, 08:42:33 PM
This would break the current (relative) simplicity, so I don't have any intention of implementing it.

Ok, your decision of course - but I have to mention after shooting some days with the current MyMenu that the implementation really defeats the purpose. Simple code is nice but at least being able to add an order manually to menu.cfg would be much appreciated - the Canon "My Menu" has reordering for a purpose...

Problem: if I put two different aspects of ml inc. some submenu items into MyMenu the options are completely mixed up and it's next to unusable because going to the original menu is structured and thus faster :-(

a1ex

The items are always displayed in the same order as they are in main menu. As it's now, submenus appear at the end, but this can be changed.

Marsu42

Quote from: a1ex on February 22, 2013, 10:21:51 AM
As it's now, submenus appear at the end, but this can be changed.

Yes, please do change that - the main problem is for example that the main "Advanced Bracketing" enable/disable item is somewhere on top, but the submenu items are somewhere to the bottom with other items between them - that's counter-intuitive. In this case I could do w/o "real" reordering, even if it'd be nice to have.

a1ex

Done. Real reordering is quite complex though, both on UI and on programming side, so I won't implement it.

Marsu42

Quote from: a1ex on February 22, 2013, 10:34:18 AM
Done. Real reordering is quite complex though, both on UI and on programming side, so I won't implement it.

Ok, I just tried it, works as advertised, thanks :-) ... and I really appreciate you doing 90% of the work, I hope you're getting enough out of this & I understand you have to be economical about what to fix, implement or port to new cameras.