550D (t2i) wont power up. ML?

Started by patrize002, February 03, 2013, 04:13:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

patrize002

Hi Guys,

I've had ML on my camera for about 6 months now and use it all the time... I go to and turn my camera on and get nothing. No noise, no lights, nothing! I recharged the batteries to see if that was it and unfortunately, no.  I read somewhere that ML could be the problem, so I thought I would ask anyone who has dealt with the same issue. I already erased ML on my SD card and the problem is still there.  I appreciate your time and apologize if this is a dumb question.

Francis

If you have used ML for 6 months without any problems, why do you think it is the problem now? Did the camera stop working after enabling any particular feature?

Try the tests and diagnostic methods in the stickied topics on the Camera Emergency Department board.

patrize002

I kind of wish it has something to do with ML. That way I can find the solution within this forum. I Didn't enable any features.

I tried "Camera looks like bricked? First things to try for restoring it" and nothing came on. I don't understand what to do with the "Diagnostic tools".  Anyway you can point me in any other direction?   :D

tinyenormous

Hmmm. Sorry to hear about that.
What were you doing when it wouldn't turn on? Have you taken the battery out and left it like that for a period of time? With some devices there is and internal charge that can remain for a little while after removing the battery.

Has it had any water damage or drops? Can you get it to do anything?

This is kind of a long shot, but I would look carefully at the battery door and the memory card door. On most cameras there is a tiny nub that activates a switch when the door is closed. If that nub were broken then the cam would behave as if it was dead.

I'd also try to use a different battery, if possible.

Good luck, and report back if you discover anything!

wolf

Did you change the firmware with the firmware file that came with ML or just made your SD-card bootable?

If your card is boot flagged and the autoexec.bin is corrupted somehow or missing it could behave like you did describe.
Have you tried a card that is for sure not boot flagged?

Dixiekurtz

Try a different memory card....I had it happen to me.  The camera would not even turn on.  Use a different one and see.