Customization & Lens dependency for Handheld Shutter

Started by Marsu42, February 08, 2013, 01:07:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Marsu42

Even if I'm potentially introducing a case for 3rd level menus (which I wouldn't like that much, see ui thread) :-p ...

... the current Handheld Shutter customization from 1/2...1/125 obviously is very static, it needs at least an option to set the upper limit. But the really interesting addtion would be to to add a dependency on the lens focal length (or zoom position), since that's what causes handheld shake. So I'd propose an additional "auto" option that enables handheld mlu when the shutter speeds drops say 1 stop under 1/focal length, which is the standard criteria for "hand holdable ". But of course some further intelligent behavior or customization would be nice since IS lenses can handle even slower speeds w/o mlu. What do you think?

a1ex

The big problem is that you can't get focal length updates outside LiveView.

Marsu42

Quote from: a1ex on February 08, 2013, 10:49:19 AM
The big problem is that you can't get focal length updates outside LiveView.

Doh, I didn't realize that, it really just shows the lens description so extracting the focal length (range) would be a hassle.

In this case I'd suggest to go for plan b: in the handheld mlu menu split the the static 1/2...1/125 option into two configurable settings with upper and lower shutter limits, plain and simple.