Release while USB-Connection is active?

Started by mi360_sergej, February 07, 2013, 04:27:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mi360_sergej

Hi!

i am writing a small windows-application to set camera parameters on several connected canon 60Ds (it is for my bachelor thesis). therefore i use the canon sdk.
my problem is, that i can't release the shutter while the cameras are plugged to the pc via usb. if i try, "busy" flashes up.

opening a session with a camera via SDK solves the problem, but i can't do that simultaneous for all connected cameras. that is exactly what i need.

does someone know, if there is another way to release the cameras while they are plugged to a pc?

i would appreciate your help!

a1ex

Nobody can help you here with Canon SDK, because of the NDA's involved. Sorry.

You may try gphoto2 instead.

mi360_sergej

ah, ok i understand.... , then without any canon sdk involved.

is it somehow possible to push the release-button and take a picture while the camera is plugged to a pc? (without running the canon eos utility)

:-\

1%

try factory functions there is fA_release ... there is also a function to clear the busy error (6d its clearbusy and realclearbusy).. not sure how that plays into the sdk but these exist in the camera..

coutts

on EOSM, i was able to unlock the UI by disabling ptpUILock (search for strings in ROM). This allowed me to use the camera while connected via usb (for debugging with ptpcam for example).

From ptp-chdk.c, I call this upon connecting to disable the busy message:
QuoteptpPropSetUILock(0, 2);

ptpPropSetUILock is located at 0xFF2A3378 in EOSM v1.0.6 firmware.