Very useful FREE transcode/trim app - ProRes 444, 442, DNxHD up to 4k etc

Started by Andy600, February 07, 2013, 04:47:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Andy600

Check this out - http://www.cinemartin.com/cinec

It's PC only but works perfectly and it's FREE!

from the site:-

CINEC : The multi video encoder for windows

ENCODE TO CINEMA & BROADCAST FORMATS
INCLUDING PRORES 4:4:4, PRORES 422 HD, LT, PROXY, AVID DNxHD, XDCAM

Transcode / encode videos fast, to high quality film & broadcast HD formats
With Cinec, fast processing capabilities are featured -multiple cpu cores for encode- among highest quality

Encode videos to film-cinema & broadcast especialized formats Suppports PAL, NTSC, HD, 1080i, 1080p, 2K & 4K

Colorist working with Davinci Resolve, Baselight, Nuke, After Effects & Premier Pro. Occasional Sunday afternoon DOP. Developer of Cinelog-C Colorspace Management and LUTs - www.cinelogdcp.com

Jordy Vandeput

I wonder if this is still nessecary. With teh new final cut pro and premiere pro, you're able to edit native.
And since the source isn't 444, then what's the point of converting it to it?

I know from premiere, that you're also able to edit multiple formats in one timeline.
DSLR evangelist and Tuts+ instructor

Andy600

Quote from: Jordy Vandeput on February 07, 2013, 09:55:19 AM
I wonder if this is still nessecary. With teh new final cut pro and premiere pro, you're able to edit native.
And since the source isn't 444, then what's the point of converting it to it?

I know from premiere, that you're also able to edit multiple formats in one timeline.

Of course but not everyone owns or uses FCP or Premier Pro ;)
Colorist working with Davinci Resolve, Baselight, Nuke, After Effects & Premier Pro. Occasional Sunday afternoon DOP. Developer of Cinelog-C Colorspace Management and LUTs - www.cinelogdcp.com

tin2tin

I couldn't install it on Win 8 and there doesn't seem to be a way to get in contact with the devs.

Is this tool ffmbc based?

Andy600

Quote from: tin2tin on February 07, 2013, 11:29:57 AM
I couldn't install it on Win 8 and there doesn't seem to be a way to get in contact with the devs.

Is this tool ffmbc based?

Sorry, no idea. I only found the link and know nothing about the devs

tin2tin

Andy600

Quote from: tin2tin on February 07, 2013, 11:39:19 AM
Is ffmbc.exe located in the installed cinec program folder?

No, there is just Cinec.exe, CustomScrollBar.dll and a folder with a dodgy video clip

vertigopix

Quote from: tin2tin on February 07, 2013, 11:39:19 AM
Is ffmbc.exe located in the installed cinec program folder?

But mediainfo report ffmbc !   ;)

And he won't transcode Canon .mov to DNxHD because of the 1088 lines...

Take a look at this : http://www.magiclantern.fm/forum/index.php?topic=3807.0

tin2tin

Quote from: vertigopix on February 07, 2013, 12:25:56 PM
But mediainfo report ffmbc !   ;)

And he won't transcode Canon .mov to DNxHD because of the 1088 lines...

Take a look at this : http://www.magiclantern.fm/forum/index.php?topic=3807.0
Ah, okay AwPro, EyeFrame and Cinec are all just guis using the same "engine" which is ffmbc. EyeFrame and I think also AWPro have presets which can crop the 1088 to 1080. These two tools also offer editing and injection of time code and reel name and also generation of proxy files, but Cinec has nice looking elements in the interface.

vertigopix

1%

QuoteWith teh new final cut pro and premiere pro, you're able to edit native.

Multiple transcodes is the main reason. Don't think you have to convert clips at the start unless you want to trim. I render from the software into dnxhd/cineform/whatever and then it goes into the next program in the workflow.

bart

I suspect the original preset enables lossless trimming and useful for archiving messy footage. File size and visible quality appear lossless.
Under windows 8 x64 the drag&drop fails but you can load files from the file menu.