600D Flash operation in ML

Started by smoggieboon, February 03, 2013, 05:47:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

smoggieboon

Hi, I was fancying one of those Cheap LED Ring Flashes to mess about with. I found one on eBay

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/180940326518?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

In the description it says that it is not compatible with the 60D or the 600D.
I emailed the seller and he told me that it was because of a firmware update. Other sellers are listing this ring flash but not saying anything about it not working on the 600D. I'm wondering if ML2.3 will rectify this problem. My 600D is currently 1.0.2.

Any help/thoughts on the matter will be appreciated.

Francis

Don't see why it wouldn't work with a 60D or 600D. It isn't TTL so there should be no compatibility issue. As long as there is a single center pin on the hot-shoe mount it should 'fire' when you shoot, and by 'fire' I mean flash with about the intensity of a cell phone's flash.

I would save your money and buy a normal hotshoe flash. Those LED ring-flashes aren't bright enough to get you very much DOF even at macro distances. You could get a TTL-compatible Yongnou 468 for about 10-15 GBP more and it would be useful for more than just macro photography.

Patrickw

hey guys, i need your help ! i just bought the ecz-990 azden microphone for my canon t3i/600d. the problem is: i cant reduce the audio noise. i´ve tried to reduce the audio recording with the manual settings on the 600d but there is still a lot of noise.... first i wanted to reduce it by doing some settings with magic lantern but then i realized that there is no way to chnage the audio settings in magic lantern for the 600d .... so i end up with a new mic but the same awful quality as the built in mic ....

sorry formy bad english :D
-patrick

1%